Applied on May 1st

shirni

We have applied for Canadian PR on May 1st. We did not get any response yet. How long it will take to get any response from the immigration office? Is it OK if I Call?

Thanks
Sid

No Title

hi, i was wondering if you have recieved any reply from Buffallo by now??. The
reason for checking with you is because i too applied for immigration, but it\'s
after you merely on 05/17/2001. So if you recieve any correspondence from
consulate office, pl. post it here. That way i can get some idea for headsup.
Thx

No Title

Bhuender,

I have applied canadian PR on June 5th,01. inform us of ur confirmation from Buffallo office.

PREM

No Title

The Immigration Regional Programme Centre at Buffalo, which proccesses all the applications is by far the best option to go with for applying for the Canadian PR, they will keep up with the given time frame. The Initial assessment takes the most time and you should wait for atleast 8 weeks, after that it will be fast.

My case is in the final stages right now at buffalo, and I had applied in last November.

No Title

hi Vshah,
thx for your update,Consulate office at Buffallo has reieved my
application on 05/17/2001and i\'m waiting further to hear from them.
Can you show some light, when shall i expect to hear from consulate
about approval or disapproval of my case. And also, if you could explain
the next step that will be great. How long does normally Canadian
PR takes?.

No Title

Hi guys,

I had applied by May 14th. Still waiting. I haven\'t notarised my documents when I sent them. I doubt whether my interview will be waived. Do you know of someone who got interview waiver without the documents being notarised?

Thanks

Hari

No Title

Hi Vshah1973,
i understand you are advising me to wait close to 8 weeks and it\'s already 5 weeks
eversince Buffallo consulate office recieved my application. My question is do you/or
anybody know consulate phone/faxno. to inquire about the case atleast. i understand
i\'m little bit impatient here. Pl. suggest.

No Title

Bhupender:

It will take atleast 8 weeks before you get back any response from them. The response might be either one or both:

1) Asking for missing documents and/or
2) Advising you of the initial assessment.

My first response was both, where they assessed my application and told me that I do not require an Interview and that they expect my case to be finalized in 10 months. They also sent me the medical papers. In addition they also asked a couple of things from me e.g., getting my Engg degree certified from the CCPE (Canadian Council or Professional Engineers). Unfortunately, the CCPE certification took 10 weeks to come and I had to wait to respond.

After I sent everything and got my medical exams done, they have responded twice to me by asking me for some monor details of my spouse and then for the ROLF, which I paid recently. So I am expecting that my case will be finalized by August, with the final outcome.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Vshah

No Title

unfortunately, there is no phone number that you can call. You could fax them with your details and they will mail you back, if they get time.

No Title

Vshah,
i really appericiate the details of your case you posted here. But i
\'ve noticed in some of the cases consulate have approved in less than 4 months time which includes approval/medical/waiving interview/finally endorseing visa. Just want to share with you, what i\'ve experienced in other cases.

No Title

Vharinath,
  i think you should not worry at this point, let\'s wait until you don\'t hear anything from
Consulate. I don\'t know whether or not your documents should be notarised or not. But
 i did in my case. Don\'t worry things will be alright for you.

No Title

Thank you Bhupender Singh. I need to get my PR done before Apr. 2002.

I hope I will make it by then.

- Hari

No Title

We applied on May 1st. Yesterday we recieved the file number from Immigration and they did not send any medical papers. In the letter they informed it may take 20 weeks to recieve medical forms. Is this normal? Actually I was expecting medical forms. We have only 7 months left. So am very nervous. Please give some info. on this.

Thanks
Shirni

No Title

Shirnik,

It\'s good to hear atleast you got file number, which is a good begining. i would say post your questions to different forums
as well or to those who already get pass through this stage.i\'m
still waiting to recieve my file number.

No Title

Bhupendar,
Do you know any other forms? I would like to post the same question. I will let you know if I get any response.

Good Luck
Shirni

No Title

Hi,

I came to Canada six months back from USA. My h-1 6 years expired in Jan. So I came to Canada as PR. Can I apply for H-1 now? I will go to USA after 6 months. So in the mean can I apply for H-1?

Thank You,
S