• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Applied for dv-2018 while staying in USA, but now in Saudi Arabia

Farhan2212

Hi all,
This is my first time to apply for diversity visa 2018. During the application of diversity visa I was in California because I was completing my masters in electrical engineering. So in my dv form I mentioned I was in US and gave a US address as present address. But now due to some issues I had to leave US after completing my masters and come back to my home country Saudi Arabia in January 2017. My question here is since I have mentioned in the Dv form the current address as the address that I was living while completing my masters, will I be affected to get a visa if I get selected for dv, since I'm not in US and will consular processing might create any issue instead of adjusting of status (i-485)? If I was in US and got selected then adjustment of status is the easiest way to get GC. But now it's not the case. Please help. And ignore any mistake that you might find since this is my first time.

It doesn't matter at all. If you are selected you complete a form with your current address. Relax and wait to see if you are selected.