1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified as soon as the recording is posted.

Applied for citizenship before 1095 physical presence days

Discussion in 'Citizenship of Canada' started by CanadianCiti, Mar 4, 2010.

1. CanadianCiti

CanadianCiti New Member

Hello All

I applied for my canadian citizenship after 3 years of residence. But due to short vacations outside Canada, I did not have 1095 days at the time I applied. By now, I have my 1095 physical residency met. My case has been transferred to a local CIC office.

How can I pro-actively communicate to CIC office to add a note to my application that I have now mwt 1095 days presence requirement ?

Thanks
    Chin

2. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

How many days were you short by?

3. CanadianCiti

CanadianCiti New Member

I was 200 days short when I applied. But I have now fully met the 1095 physical presence rule. Thanks Triple Citizen !!

4. Triple Citizen

I would advise you to wait. If you are given a citizenship test date, you should be good. In the worst case, your case may be handed to a judge for adjudication of whether you qualify for citizenship or not.

5. CanadianCiti

CanadianCiti New Member

Thank you for guidance, Tripe Citizen.

So, would you advise not to pro-actively give a letter to local CIC office that I now met the physical presence requirement ?

If we want to, what's the best way to give this letter ?

6. Triple Citizen

Correct.

Million dollar question. At any instance in the process, one cannot tell where exactly your file/case is. Could be the central location in Nova Scotia or the local CIC offcie, etc. That is why, even if you send such a letter, it may end up in a waste paper basket. That is why you wait for them to contact you. If they do, they will probably send you an addressed return envelope. I hope this makes sense.

7. CanadianCiti

CanadianCiti New Member

Thank you, Triple Citizen. Much appreciate your advice.