Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

Delays in INS processing?

There is a news update dated 10/4/01 in immigrationlinks.com - "INS Temporarily Freezes Processing of Immigrant Visa Petitions and Applications". It is not clear if this applies to I-129F petitions for K3 visas. If it does, it could that explain why there are delays in K3 approvals.

Please need some help!

I m ilegal in the US, my girfriend (US citizen) wants to get married, I do also.

My question: Can I legalize my situation in the US marrying a US citizen? Are there any barriers if I am already ilegally in the US?

Thanks in advance.

Can you get timeline info from this person?

I\'ve seen only two persons received 2nd NOA from the marriagebasedvisas.org Web-site, and neither one of them are petitioning for spouse from germany.

Is there any way you can find out from him his timelines? (You did spoke with him, right Eren?)

Here is my timeline:

Filed I-130 May 14, 2001
1st NOA on the I-130 Aug.23, 2001
(I was traveling in China when this NOA came to my home)

Filed I-129F Spet. 7, 2001
1st NOA on the I-129F Sept. 11, 2001
(of all the dates! of course I didn\'t receive the letter until 9/18/01, after FAA cleared the commercial airlines to carry mail to Hawaii. Yeah, I live in Hawaii).

Waiting for 2nd NOA since. Now that the INS is suspending processing until 10/9/01 as a result of their annual caseload audit and implementation of bar-coding, I don\'t expect to hear anything from the MSC until at least a day or two after 10/9/01.

Hang in there, everyone!!!!

UPDATES ON MY CASE (NOA)

I had send Petition for my spouse on oct 1st and i got 1st Notice of Action on 10/4/2001.

Is K3 visa for India available

My cousing is getting married with a US citizen,she wants to apply for
K3 visa but when we visited US Embassy-Delhi site it was there "WE ARE NOT ISSUING K3 right not at Delhi Embassy" Kindly advise me

There is no reason to believe that K3 is not available for India

The regulations for K3 processing was published by the INS only in mid-August. K3 visa will be issued in the country where the marriage took place. The state dept sent a cable on Sept 1 to all consulates and foreign posts with detail instructions on how the K3 visas should be processed. Since then, there have been a couple of cases of approvals by the INS. I think that the website of the New Delhi consulate does not reflect the K3 developments and has not been updated since mid-August.

Please visit www.marriagebasedvisas.org for information on K-3 timelines. You will find that there are a good number of K3 applicants from India.

got reply from INS

Hello everybody !!!
My fiance is in states, she filed petition on 11th sep. and it\'s been one month now and she got this below written letter as reply from INS, with her INS certificate back and this letter thats it. Can anyone tell whats all this and what to do abt this letter she got???

"No records have been made of this correspondence and should write again concerning the same matter, please return the attached correspondance. It is an initial screening for the proper fee and signature only. It may be necessary to return application/ peition for additional documentation following forms have been seen and are returned to you. Please do not resubmit. (Naturalization Certificate) other action is required on your part at this time. "

INS mail rooms shut down

CNN is reporting that the Immigration and Naturalization Service shut down mail processing at all of its offices Monday (10/15/01) after suspicious packages were received at two INS facilities, the agency said. Three mailroom workers at a Burlington, Vermont, facility were taken to a hospital as a precaution after a powdery substance fell out of a small Fed-Ex package. Preliminary tests on the package and a letter received two days earlier were "inconclusive," the agency said. A hazardous materials team was called to a Providence, Rhode Island, facility to investigate a suspicious package from the United Arab Emirates.

Good News

I received The Approval Notice for I129f K3 Visa petition on 10/15/01 dated on 10/12/01,filed on Aug 29/01, I Contacted the corresponded Embassy overseas over the phone,I Asked them the time line on K3,According to them it is 30 to 90 days for the to receive and process each petition. some good news, that they are processing thesecases. will keep you guys posted. and good luck to all of you guys

B.Ahmed

File I-130 As GreenCard Holder

Hi
I have file I-130 as green card holder. I become US Citizan last month. I have aleady send notice to INS (TX center) about it.
I send I-129F, Marriage Certi and copy of Passport yesterday with copy of receipt of I-130 that I had received as GreenCard holder.
Is it OK?

SB

yes its right thing to do

hi spb
what ever you did its good coz i have friend he did same thing and his wife got interview very soon his case was processing faster. his wife got interview after he became citiezen with in 2 and half month.
good luck.

Good News (www.marriagebasedvisas.org

hey guys i checked this web site today and they have started approving more k3 visa in last month if i counted correctly they have approved between 5 to 10 cases
so its one more good news for this month for all who are waiting for their partner.
Good Luck all of you.
Take Care

To Eren

Hello
Eren Did You hear anything from Ins abt your spouse\'s K3 approval.
coz according to that website they have approved 9/15 cases
so i was wondering abt you.
please let me know
thanks
pinesh

K3 Question

I had received my K3 Approval From INS last week, According to them they forwarded My petition to The consulate, I directly called the Conslute,According to US consulate they haven\'t even star issuing K3 yet??? i am totally confused here.
Where does the petition goes? Does it goes to Visa center or The Conslute? if someone know the answer Please post Thanks you
B.Ahmed

when did u filed the k3 petition

hey when did u filed k3 petition. and how long does it take to get approval.
thanks.

No Title

Hi Bhmed,
As per paper, It goes to one more place in US I forget the location. then it goes where ever your spouse live.