Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

K3 Timeline Update

Just got NOA#1 for the I-129F. Here's the updated timeline:

08/28/2003 - Posted I-130 to BCIS VT Center via USPS Express Mail
08/29/2003 - BCIS VT received I-130
09/03/2003 - I-130 NOA #1 issued
09/05/2003 - I-130 fee check clears at my bank
09/08/2003 - I-130 NOA #1 received
09/10/2003 - Posted I-129F to BCIS IL Center via USPS Express Mail
09/11/2003 - BCIS IL received I-129F
09/15/2003 - I-129F NOA #1 issued
09/17/2003 - I-129F fee check clears at my bank
09/19/2003 - I-129F NOA #1 received

K3 timeline

Just got NOA1 for I-129f. Here's updated timeline:

9/08: Mailed I-130
9/12: I-130 NOA1
9/12: Bank clears check for I-130
9/15: I-130 NOA1 received in mail
9/16: Mailed I-129f
9/19: I-129f NOA1
9/23: Bank clears check for I-129f
9/24: I-129f NOA1 received in mail

More timelines are available at:
http://www.mediabrew.com/k3/list.php

All the best to everyone!
--saad

i just noticed the change in my timeline from 60-90 days to 15-21 days i need to know if anyone is experiencing the same thing and how long the wait will be to finally get done with it ????
i miss my wife terribly

Originally posted by menael
i just noticed the change in my timeline from 60-90 days to 15-21 days i need to know if anyone is experiencing the same thing and how long the wait will be to finally get done with it ????
i miss my wife terribly

Same here .. I'm wondering if it's too good to be true.

I-130 timeline dropped from 210-999 days to 30-90 days.

what's going on again ,what game are they playing
for the missouri service center for K3 yesteday they dropped it from 60 -90 days to 15 -21 days and today it went back to 60 -90 days is it an RFE ,ANYBODY CAN HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND ????
for my i-130 it went from 999 days to 30 -90 days i hope it will stay like that .

messed up processing dates :(

Hi,

Just saw this on AILA website:

http://www.aila.org/newsViewer.aspx?bc=273&docID=11357

Errors on Receipt Notices from the Service Centers
10/9/2003
The California Service Center has advised the AILA-CSC Liaison Committee that an upgrade to the USCIS computer system resulted in errors relating to the number of days it takes to process applications, petitions, motions and appeals on all receipt notices issued by service centers on October 6 and 7. The error also caused the NCSC call-in automated system and the CIS online system to incorrectly report processing dates. These errors were nation-wide, and not limited to the CSC.

The CSC will not issue receipt notices until the problem has been resolved. Until that time, people are urged to refer to the most current processing times report for the CSC. AILA is checking on whether the other service centers also are holding off on receipts.

--saadq17

Consulates in India

Hullo everyone.
Does anyone know which consulates in India are the fastest for processing K3 visas?
Can you choose which consulate you'd like your application to go to?
Please let me know. Any info. will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

You cannot choose consulate, it depends upon which state the 'Alien spouse' resides.
The processing for K3 vis ahas to be started by the US citizen spouse by filing I 130 and I 129 here in US. When I 129 is approved the file will be forwared from US to the consulate in India depending on which state te Alien spouse resides.

It takes anywhere from 3 to 6 months.

Thanks Phillydude. One more question... Can you file for the EAD (work authorization of your spouse), Form I-765 alongwith the I129F form?

When did u apply?

So u r waiting on your Naturalization process. Wow!!! We are exactly in the same boat. Are you married, or planning on it? I sent in my N400 last year. I have my final interview next week. Hopefully all goes well.
I intend on filing the I-130 immediately after.

Not married yet, planning to get married in April. If you are from India you can go to New Delhi and get GC through DCF for your spouse.

DCF details

Dude,

I heard about this DCF through this forum only today. Is DCF a conditional process. Why is it easier to get it?
WHat are its advantages/disadvantages of both?

Your spouse will GC in 3 months. Don't have to get K3, file for adjustment status etc ets. Normally it takes upto 2 years to get GC for your spouse, however through DCF its takes only 3 months.

Thanks Dude. I'll have to figure out which process I have to go by. Rahul on the other thread seems to have more details about this DCF. Lets see how it goes. Besides, when did u file for the N400?

I am wondering if anyone here has considered using Direct Consular Filing (New Delhi specifically) in lieu of K3 ?

what are the restrictions on K3? Can the person work ? How long is the adjustment of status to get a GC?

Last edited by a moderator: