Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

Is it a good idea to hire a lawyer for getting the k3-visa?

Does anybody know what is the better way (or faster way)to hire an immigration attorney to file the paper work for you or one can do it himself? need help.
Thanks.

Al.

This discussion is only for people who already submitted the K-3

As stated previously, this discussion board is for people who already submitted the K-3 petition and would like to share their experience on how long it will take to received an approval and other issues after applying for the K-3 visa.

Please address your question on another discussion board called K-3 Visa.

Good luck.

I also submitted my form on Monday

So far nothing, so hopefully this week, my check will be cashed too.

BTW, did you get case # already?

K3-visa

As a matter of fact, this is the right place to ask the quetion about the k3-visa. Because you guys already submitted your pettions. what I\'m asking is, whether you did it yourself or the lawyer did it for you.

Sorry to bother you Mr. Eren!!!

Thanks.
Al

Don\'t get so offended, Mr. Al.

First of all, I am not Mr., secondly this discussion was only opened to discuss how the whole K-3 process is going after submitting application, thirdly, as I mentioned before and as you already know, there is a separate discussion called K-3.

You shouldn\'t get upset. I was just pointing you to the right direction. Since here we are only trying to find out how the process is going after the application was submitted, I did\'t think, as did the others on this board, that this was the appropriate board to ask that type of a question.

As I\'ve noticed, you already found the right board, so you should get reply soon.

Waiting time

Its been three weeks now since I had filed my case with chicago office. I believe it goes to Another state to be approve and send over to the Embassy of the Country your Spouse. I am not sure about how long we can hope to wait to find out. HUM
Bobby

Deji, thank you for sharing this info

Thank you for sharing this info with us. Do live on the East or the West Coast? Did you send it regular mail?

I am on the West and I also mailed certified mail on Monday. I didn\'t even receive the certified receipt back and my check hasn\'t been cashed this morning either. But I hope it\'s any day now.
Actually you are an exception. Other people I\'ve spoken to, waited longer also.

Good for you!

Let\'s see what happens next.

Today got my certified receipt

Stamped September 3. Good sign. That means that the check should be cleared any day now. (I hope)

No Title

I live on the east and i used certified mail in sendind it to chicago. hopefully your check should be cashed b/4 the end of the week.

K-3 status update

Date sent: 8/28/01
1st NOA received: 9/6/01
Received date: 8/30/01
Notice Date: 8/31/01
Hope this helps

No Title

Hi Neil,under the Applicant-- Whose name was written in there : your name or your spouse name in the NOA for I-129F I need to know please.

Thank you Neil, for the update

I, in the mean time, checked my bank account and my $95 check was cleared yesterday! Horray!

For all K-3 applicants, go to http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/

It\'s a wonderful site for K-3, I-130 and I-129 applicants where you can get lots of valuable information. Also, you can share your timeline information and check on others.

Lots of helpful links too.

K3

You have to file petition I-129F here with the INS and it has to be approved before your wife can apply for the visa at the consulate. The INS desk at the consulate will not accept any K3 petitions directly.
The conditions for applying for the K3 visa are: You are a U.S. Citizen married to a foreign spouse, and you have already filed petition I-130 for him/her. Here is the time line for the I-130/K-3 processing:

1. US citizen spouse files an I-130 to the Service Center for foreign spouse.
2. US citizen spouse receives a notice of action from the Service Center for this petition.
3. US citizen spouse then sends a copy of the notice of action (or proof of filing the I-130) with a completed I-129F form, other required documents, and $95 fee to the Chicago P. O. box INS address on the I-129F petition form.
4. The Chicago office checks the petition, deposits the $95 fee, and sends the petition on to the Missouri Service Center.
5. Missouri Service Center approves the petition and forwards it to the US consulate.
6. On the consulate side of things, the foreign spouse completes a process very similar to the K-1 process: receives a packet of forms/documents, gets a medical exam and police certificate, attends an interview, and gets the K3 visa.
7. The foreign spouse enters the US as a K3 to await the final processing of the I-130 petition. The foreign spouse is allowed to work but must have a work authorization card in order to do so. A separate request is filed with the INS to obtain work authorization.
8. The I-130 petitioner informs the INS (The regional center where the I-130 was filed) that the I-130 beneficiary is already in the U.S. and will not be applying for permanent residency at the Consulate abroad as originally indicated on the I-130.
9. After I-130 is approved, go through I-485 processing to obtain conditional permanent residency.

If you have completed steps 1 and 2, please proceed to step 3 to file petition I-129F. Please note that the K3 visa will be issued at a consulate in the country where the marriage took place. If the marriage took place in the U.S., then the K3 will be issued at the consulate in the current country of residence for the spouse.

Bobby

Here you go Deji

On my 1st NOA for the K-3, my name (petitioner) is listed as applicant and not my spouse\'s (beneficiary). Hope this helps

The Sevice Center for Foreign Spouses.

Do you have the mailing address to this place where we should send the I-130 petition? Is it one of those four INS centers or somewhere else?

Thanks.
Al

Send I-130 to the regional INS center

Petition I-130 for alien relative has to be sent to the regional INS center (VT, NE, TX, or CA) identified in the form, depending on where you reside. Petition I-129F for K3 visa has to be sent to the Chicago address as directed in the form.

My K-3 update (NOA received)

Date sent: 8/27/01
1st NOA received: 9/10/01
Received date: 9/4/01
Notice Date: 9/5/01