"applicant's residence last five years"

imm.matters

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I am filling up g-325a form for my wife's I130 petition. The question I have is about "APPLICANT'S RESIDENCE LAST FIVE YEARS".

Early this year (before our marriage) my wife visited US for 3 months so should I list this address as well in address section of last five years.

From the question it looks like I need to fill the permanent addresses only not the temp ones like the one in US for 3 month trip.

Experts please shed some light.

Thanks in advance!!

That's right, don't list temporary addresses like that 3 month visit.

In the interview you can bring proof of your wife visiting for 3 months.

That is correct. Permanent address is what they are interested in. Where one's nights are spent during vacations, business trips, etc really do not matter :)

From the question it looks like I need to fill the permanent addresses only not the temp ones like the one in US for 3 month trip.

That's right, don't list temporary addresses like that 3 month visit.

In the interview you can bring proof of your wife visiting for 3 months.

What about if I stay in US with a visitor visa for 1 year? (6 months on I-94 + 6 months extension visa)... I got an driver licenses in this period & I have an address on it (but I don't live at that address). Should I mention that address in the form?

Thanks for your help!!!

What about if I stay in US with a visitor visa for 1 year? (6 months on I-94 + 6 months extension visa)... I got an driver licenses in this period & I have an address on it (but I don't live at that address). Should I mention that address in the form?

Thanks for your help!!!

Just curious, how did you get drivers license with visitors visa and I 94? In which state did you get drivers license?

I guess if you have a DL you have to mention that address.

I guess this information might be useful for some people here.

Just curious, how did you get drivers license with visitors visa and I 94? In which state did you get drivers license?

I guess if you have a DL you have to mention that address.

I guess this information might be useful for some people here.

In Washington (Vancouver / Seattle) u can make a DL cuz in that state u don't need a SSN.

What couldn't happened if I don't mention that address? I don't wanna mention cuz I didn't live there...& I don't wanna have problems....Can my I-130 be rejected? :confused::(

Thanks for your help!!!

Look at what I bolded. You stayed in the US as a 'visitor'....you did not 'live' there.

What couldn't happened if I don't mention that address? I don't wanna mention cuz I didn't live there...& I don't wanna have problems....Can my I-130 be rejected? :confused::(
If you returned to a foreign address before your visitor I-94 expired, you don't need to list that address. But if you overstayed and have been living in the US ever since, that address effectively became your place of residence (albeit with illegal status) and you need to list it.

If you returned to a foreign address before your visitor I-94 expired, you don't need to list that address. But if you overstayed and have been living in the US ever since, that address effectively became your place of residence (albeit with illegal status) and you need to list it.

The main problem: I'd make an extension on my I-94 (for B2 visa) but I didn't received any answer. I made that DL cuz I lost my foreign DL ... whatever I didn't overstayed more than 18o days...Can that be an issue? :(

My parents had stayed here with me over 6 months due to the process of permanent residence, should i apply my address in the colom: applicant's residence last five years: Please advise....