• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Applicant (lottery winner) responsible for younger sister

Timothy Huey

Hello. We have a situation where my sister-in-law (applicant) won the lottery. She will be able to come here with her family (husband and child). The situation we have is that the applicant is responsible for her younger sister who is only 13 (court document showing that she is legally responsible for the minor).

So, here is the question, can the applicant apply for the younger sister as being a child on the green card lottery? Or, will her younger sister not be eligible?

Thanks for all the help

how to obtain application for visa lottery

hi i am interestes in how to obtain the application for visa lottery.

No problem

She can apply for her younger sister as a dependant. Have to happen as part of the green card application. I enquired about bringing my nephew in and as long as there are court papers showing that she is dependant then it can happen

Let me retract.

I forgot this is a DV and is treated slightly differently. I think her name has to be in the DV application as a dependant otherwise it gets complicated.