AOS Interview Experiences: Collection

My Interview Experience 8/15/07

Hey all, I haven't been on here in awhile, but I had my interview yesterday in Manhattan NY so here's my experience:

Arrived shorty before our 9:45 appointment, waiting in the waiting room until 11:00am until the officer called our name. He was a west indian fellow in his mid 30s, fairly nice it seemed. He swore us in when we got to his office. We were asked for our marriage certificate, his birth certificate and divorce decree, and my birth certificate and passport. He asked me where my husband works, where he was born, some questions about his son and ex wife, and asked me to verify our number and address and the standard questions about whether I've been a terrorist or helped someone into the US. He asked my husband about his ex wife and son, and whether my father is still alive, where I was born, and whether my family still lives there. He asked for pictures so we gave him about 15, he chose about 5 and stapled them into the folder. And then he gave us the paper about the 90 days before the 2 years thing and said we were approved. And that I should get my GC in 2 weeks or so. He stamped my passport and I asked what I do with my EAD and AP and he said just to throw them away. And that was that, the whole process took about 10 minutes :) He asked alot less questions and barely asked for proof at all besides the pictures. Which from what I understand on here is odd!

Good luck to everyone!

AOS Interview

Hello to everyone!

First of all, I would like to say thank you to everybody on this forum. All the information you provided is very useful, and sometimes more helpful than the information at uscis.gov. I had my interview on October 16, 2007 in Orlando, Fl and here is my experience:

Our appointment was at 11:00 am, but we arrived at 10:00 am. We were waiting in the waiting room til 11:30 (they were late that day), then officer called my name. It was an american senior in a very touching outfit (white shirt, dark pants and a big bow-tie). He was nice and smiling all the time. He swore us in when we got to his office. First he asked my husband. He asked all the questions from the filed forms like my husband's name, current address, date of birth, place of birth, place of work, ss#, phone #. Then the officer asked him when and where we got married, how many guests attended the ceremony and their names. Then he asked when my husband proposed, when we first met and how our relationship developped. Then he said to my husband, that's enough and turned to me. He asked me as well questions from the filed documents like my name, date and place of birth, day of arrival in the US, in what status, my parents name, my current address and employment. Then he asked me all the NO questions. After that he asked us to show him what we both have together in common. I gave him rent lease, FPL statement, Insurrance for the car, car purchase contract, dental insurrance, checking account, everything in both our names. He said OK and took my passport and both ss cards and left to make copies. Then in a minute he came back, stamped my passport, explained me how to file for remouval of condition, congratulated me on my green card and took my work authorisation card. He told me I won't need it anymore. Then he stood up, told us that interview was over and walked us to the exit. The whole process took about 20 minutes :) The officer didn't look at our pictures. As I understood they do not accept photos anymore as a proof. I was very nervous before Interview cause my marriage is new, we didn't have a lot in both names. Everything in both names I showed to the officer were new as well (cause we just moved, before lived with his parents w/o any lease agreement, just opened an account together, the day I went to Interview I found FPL statement in mailbox). I thought it will look suspicious to the officer, but he didn't pay attention to that. I guess he was very convinced by my husband, because he volunteered more information than officer asked. Though I instructed him not to do that in order to avoid additional questions. But in the end it worked out for us.

After all, I was happy, but I still could not believe I got Green card until it has arrived in a mail yesterday, exactly 2 weeks after Interview.
Thank you all and good luck to everyone!

AOS Interview Experience - Newark NJ
Nice and easy interview. We started from home at around 6.15 am. Reached the embassy at 6.55 am. Parked behind the embassy. The parking lots were empty. When we reached the front gate, the security told us that its employees only entrance and asked us to wait at the side entrance where 2 or 3 people were waiting. The security near that gate told us that they will let us in at 7.30. 20 minutes of waiting..It was cold, My son is 7 month old baby. So, We went to the opposite building (USPS) and waited inside the building. At 7.30 sharp we came out of USPS building and walked down to the Embassy building. We see around 30 people in the queue. They were about to let people in. The security officer there saw us with baby. He said that we dont need to stand in queue as we have little baby. So he got the keys from his collegue and opened an another entrance just for letting us in. I conveyed my sincere thanks to the security person. After security check, we were asked to go the 13th floor. we went to 13 th floor. We were the first in the room. We gave our appointment papers at counter 2. The lady there asked us to sit and wait until our names are called. At 8 am sharp, the IO called my name and my wife's name. She said, sorry I dont know how to pronounce your names.. and I said, no big deal. Then I wished her good morning !! She replied back the same. She opened the door for us and we went into her office. The moment I saw her, I felt its done deal. She was very nice . She was whispering with my son as he was waving hand at her. She became a fan of him.She was saying.. oh...baby you are cute. Merry christmas..etc., After a while she opened our file and asked us to take a oath. She asked us our birth certificates, my employer letter and then i-94s. She said that everything looks good. Then asked me whether I changed company and I said yes, She asked whether its similar position. I said yes. Then she asked whether we were ever arrested, etc.. I said that I am arrested an year ago for DUI. She was surprised. She asked me whether I have the disposition letter. I said yes. I gave her the letter. She looked at the letter and asked me how did it happen. I explained the incident and she felt sorry for me. She took it very easily. That eased my nerves. She then said, everything looks good. OK.. OK..OK... OK... Then she typed something on the computer and took 2 print outs and kept them in the file. She took our passports and then took the stamp pad...(Yeah....We did it.....Thats our feeling ) ). As expected she stamped our passports and said congrautulations,you guys are permanent residents now. Enjoy !!. We thanked her. She complimented my son saying that god is so graceful at you. you people got the calm, quiet, lovable and wonderful baby. we thanked her for her compliments. Then she said "all the best". We once again thanked her and left the door and then the building. Its 8.30. So the interview lasted for just 30 minutes. Mine is substitution labor. I Changed employers twice after 6 months of 485 and also had DUI.. Looking at forums,I was a bit worried, but in essence, nothing to worry. We all panic unnecessarily. Wish you all the very best.

AOS for my Parents !!! (Urgent)

Hi;

I just became citizien on Last Month 1/14/08. My parents are here on Visitor Visa and it's expiring on 3/24/08.

I am wondering if I can file their AOS and sponser their Green Card. Please let me know what forms do I need to sumit to INS and how early do I have to File ?

Please reply me with your detail email.

Thanks;

BM13