• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS Fact check

Johnkent

Registered Users (C)
I just want to verigy if this info about AOS is accurate.Thanks

"chicago's office you can file your AOS papers before your number has become available, but your case wont be completed before the number is current. In Miami its different - you can not file AOS if your number is not current (they send you back the appication at tell you to file later). This makes a big difference because if you live in chicago you can do all the background checks and interview ahead of time and then just wait for your number to come up. In miami you cant do this and you can lose a lot of time just sitting and waitin"

Afaik - No

Hi,
I am in the AOS at Chicago office. You can't apply at chicago office before your number is current. I've got this at the Infopass and remember case went somebody was asked to resubmit docs later when the number is current.

P.S. Think about consular processing. I am stuck with 'Name Check' and it is frustrating.