• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS DV2015 questions

maryb

Hello,

I am a F1 student (from Italy) residing in Los Angeles and I have been selected for the DV2015 lottery... I have some questions still bothering me even if I spoke to KCC and USCIS on the phone, plus a couple local immigration lawyers. I need some extra reassurance since I have been getting mixed answers.

I understand that this year is a requirement for every applicant (whether going through consular process or uscis) to fill out the online form DS-260. My questions about this are, since I selected I want to take my interview in the US, when I submit the DS260 my forms will be transferred to USCIS, right? When is the best time to submit the DS-260, should I do it now or it can wait a bit?

If I submit the DS260 and my case goes to USCIS, it is my understanding that I won't receive any more notifications, is this correct? I only have to wait until my number becomes current to make the rest of the steps?

Oh there is one more question about this, the adjustement fee... when does it need to be paid? When you submit the DS260 or when it gets closer to the interview date or when the number becomes current?

Thanks so much! But I am freaking out and it is confusing to get clear answers...

Oh and since I am here, I also want to ask when do you think I will get an interview based on my number 2015EU00019XXX ?

Thanks so much in advance!

All these questions (and more you haven't thought of yet) are answered in the thread linked below. Read the first post carefully including checking out the linked spreadsheet. The vast majority of cases do not need a lawyer involved - honestly they don't have a clue about the DV process.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only-new-thread.7/

Your number will be current around March 2015. AOS processes are harder to predict in terms of the interview date - it relies on the speed of your FO.

All these questions (and more you haven't thought of yet) are answered in the thread linked below. Read the first post carefully including checking out the linked spreadsheet. The vast majority of cases do not need a lawyer involved - honestly they don't have a clue about the DV process.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only-new-thread.7/

Your number will be current around March 2015. AOS processes are harder to predict in terms of the interview date - it relies on the speed of your FO.

Thank you! I will go have a look