Anyone knows any prevention against identity theft?

kirlose

Registered Users (C)
I have recently been victimized by the theft of my credit card. But, due to favorable situations I could prevent it from being miss-used and was able to make thins go in the right way.Anyways , I would like to know that if there any services which keeps your financial information safe and make you secure about thefts.

Yes...

...there are a few things you can do.

Immediately call the three credit reporting agencies, Experian, TransUnion and Equifax and report to them that you are a victim of ID theft. Ask them to put you on a list for either ninety days or I think there's another option to be on the list for five or seven years where they will not automatically extend you credit, but will check with you first.

Secondly, go to freecreditreport.com and request a free copy of your most recent credit report. That will give you a fair idea if someone has tried to abuse your ID to gain favor.

Thirdly, it's a good idea to cancel the abused credit card and open another one, unless your credit card company is confident that they will closely monitor any unauthorised use.

Hope this helps!

http://www.lifelock.com/

I have recently been victimized by the theft of my credit card. But, due to favorable situations I could prevent it from being miss-used and was able to make thins go in the right way.Anyways , I would like to know that if there any services which keeps your financial information safe and make you secure about thefts.

It’s quite necessary to protect your financial details and nowadays it’s becoming a practice to make things secure due to the increasing thefts. I had recently heard about services that keep your identity locked. They help you to protect your private information so that you can be relaxed about them being used to your loss. It’s a good way to make us feel at home about out things in spite of us using them in public. I believe that your question will be satisfied by this and you can make your self updated by taking the necessary steps. For more information you can visit their site called http://lifelock-reviews.com-411.com/ Hope this will help you. All the best!