anyone have a successful statement of reason?

zirafah

Hi everyone,

My wife needs to write a Statement of Reason presenting the "no objection" option in her application to waive the Home Residency Requirement on her J1 visa. Can anyone email me a copy of their Statement of Reason, so that I may have an example to follow?

Much appreciated.
mossbauerpower@googlemail.com

Hi everyone,

My wife needs to write a Statement of Reason presenting the "no objection" option in her application to waive the Home Residency Requirement on her J1 visa. Can anyone email me a copy of their Statement of Reason, so that I may have an example to follow?

Much appreciated.
mossbauerpower@googlemail.com

If it is a straightforward No Objection case (i.e. no US Govt funding involved) and the 2 Yr HRR based on country skill list only, then the main thing is the NOC issuance from the home country's govt. I recently applied for my fiancee and we simply stated "No Objection from the Home Government" as the reason. Just those words. No detailed statement. The favorable recommendation was issued last week.

Your case may be different, however. The best advice would be received from a good attorney. I suggest to schedule an hour of consultation with an attorney. That's what we did besides do our own research.

AP

STATEMENT OF REASON
Dear Sir/Madam,
I, ............................., am a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the .........................and currently doing scientific research in the field of
............................... My studies focus on ........................ The results derived from my research studies so far are highly interesting and they
have opened newer and broader prespectives to further investigations. It may lead to
valuable findings benefiting the bio-medical field and developing new drugs or
methods for prevention from or treatment of many life-threatening diseases like
Cancer, Tumor, AIDS and other Infectious Diseases.
In the current scenario it appears to me as well as my employer that the undergoing
research work should not be discontinued for two years due to 212 (E) constraint and
I should stay in The U.S. for some more time and at-least complete the projects
in-hand.
I am eligible to receive a waiver of the two-year home country residence requirement
of the exchange visitor program because The Government of India has No Objection if I
continue further scientific research work in The United States and stay here for a
longer time and change my status to any other type of Visa. A No Objection
Certificate in my favor would be forwarded to you by Indian Embassy in this regards.
I hope you would consider this Waiver application favorably.
Thanks,

What do you include in the opinion statement to Department of State? Do you have to write a letter along with your IAP-66s and DS-2019s?

opinion advisory and NOS

STATEMENT OF REASON
Dear Sir/Madam,
I, ............................., am a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the .........................and currently doing scientific research in the field of
............................... My studies focus on ........................ The results derived from my research studies so far are highly interesting and they
have opened newer and broader prespectives to further investigations. It may lead to
valuable findings benefiting the bio-medical field and developing new drugs or
methods for prevention from or treatment of many life-threatening diseases like
Cancer, Tumor, AIDS and other Infectious Diseases.
In the current scenario it appears to me as well as my employer that the undergoing
research work should not be discontinued for two years due to 212 (E) constraint and
I should stay in The U.S. for some more time and at-least complete the projects
in-hand.
I am eligible to receive a waiver of the two-year home country residence requirement
of the exchange visitor program because The Government of India has No Objection if I
continue further scientific research work in The United States and stay here for a
longer time and change my status to any other type of Visa. A No Objection
Certificate in my favor would be forwarded to you by Indian Embassy in this regards.
I hope you would consider this Waiver application favorably.
Thanks,

After very panic 6 months of waiting for Opinion advisory , respond came vague and not specified , (The exchange visitor accepted funding for the Exchange Visitor Program from the home government and/or the United States Government and/or direct or indirect funding through an international organization.)
I came on personal fund , I did not receive any fund from United States Government Or international organization, and my country embassy will provide no objection statement NOS,

1- should I appeal the decision or
2- does NOS from my country will be enough to go for NO OBJECTION WAVIER OR THEY WILL ASK FOR MORE as the decision not specific .
3- As I need to do wavier how can write statement of reason if my new sponsor is not in current research but in consulting area.
Any guidance in this concerns
thanks