Anyone got NORI from Trichy Passport Office, Tamilnadu, INDIA

lakksh

Registered Users (C)
Hi there:

I have applied for my NORI certicates two months ago. Already got one from MHRD, DELHI and second one from Chennai is on its way.

I am afraid that there is NO RESPONSE from my TRICHy Passport office.

Jus wondering has anyone in this forum have experience with TRICHY passport office . Please share it with me and will grately appreciate that.

cheers:confused:

NORI from Trichy

I got the NORI from Trichy passport office few years back. I did not receive any news from them even 6 months after applying. Then I had my family folks to follow it up. I sent the copy of my cover letter and the whole package to my home with a fresh letter seeking to expedite the process. This letter and the copy of the application package was given to the regional passport officer. Things started moving. The passport office then sent a request to the concerned DSP office. From DSP office it went to the local police station. Local police made an enquiry at my home, confirmed that I had not abondoned my family, checked whether any crime record was there on my name after the issuance of passport. Local police station sent the enquiry report to DSP office. DSP office sent the report to Passport office. Passport office finally issued NORI and sent it to the Indian embassy, Washington DC. I did not get receive anything from them directly. It took a total time of almost 1 year. Ask your family folks to follow it up. I hope you know what follow up means. Good luck.

thanks

I got the NORI from Trichy passport office few years back. I did not receive any news from them even 6 months after applying. Then I had my family folks to follow it up. I sent the copy of my cover letter and the whole package to my home with a fresh letter seeking to expedite the process. This letter and the copy of the application package was given to the regional passport officer. Things started moving. The passport office then sent a request to the concerned DSP office. From DSP office it went to the local police station. Local police made an enquiry at my home, confirmed that I had not abondoned my family, checked whether any crime record was there on my name after the issuance of passport. Local police station sent the enquiry report to DSP office. DSP office sent the report to Passport office. Passport office finally issued NORI and sent it to the Indian embassy, Washington DC. I did not get receive anything from them directly. It took a total time of almost 1 year. Ask your family folks to follow it up. I hope you know what follow up means. Good luck.

Thanks Moden. CID police thro Home dept chennai have already been in my home and my file under processing at Chennai. so I expect to receive it by next week.

I tried so many times calling TRICHY passport office. Finally I spoke to the lady she is looking after NORI ..said the letter has been sent to SP office. But when i called up SP office and Local police station...they said THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED any such request. Then on the FOLLOWING day i spoke to PASSPORT OFFICER, he did note down my passport number and told me he would sent me a NORI.... BIT confused....

Now I will ask my family to ask visit Trichy.

Is it not possible to process with two NORI certificates

ur help is much appreciated

Nori

I suggest you ask your family to follow it up. You need all the 3 NORI to get your final no objection from Indian embassy or cosulate. You will get the NORI from state and central goverments. Passport office will not send it to you directly. It will be sent to the concerned Indian consulate. All you have to make sure is that the passport office has issued NORI and sent it to the Indian consulate. Then you can apply to get the final no objection certificate to be forwarded to the US dept of state. Good luck.

I suggest you ask your family to follow it up. You need all the 3 NORI to get your final no objection from Indian embassy or cosulate. You will get the NORI from state and central goverments. Passport office will not send it to you directly. It will be sent to the concerned Indian consulate. All you have to make sure is that the passport office has issued NORI and sent it to the Indian consulate. Then you can apply to get the final no objection certificate to be forwarded to the US dept of state. Good luck.

Thank you so much. The passport office received my certificates on March 19 and written to concerned SP Police office on March 25. But these people at SP district office say they have never received such a letter.

Now I have asked my brother to viist Trichy PP office, they provided him with ref no of letter they sent to SP office. Hope to clear it at the POlice station.

hey my friend... My name is louis from Trichy and i just started for J-1 Waiver Process, Please help me to get J-1 Waiver- NORI..if you are in U.S please mail me your phone number an my e-mail is louis2003in@hotmail.com, i don't know where should i apply and what i should do with 3 set of applications ?

Hi there,

I am in the process of applying for NOS J1waiver.I have read a lot of stuff on couple of websites related to hiring a attorney for J1 waiver.I am a bit confused as few are advising to it it oneself while others are talking about hiring attorney.Is there anyone out there who could provide his/her valuable advice.
Thanks in advance for your responses.