anyone filed for Labor in March (not Perm)

moooonwalker

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Did anyone receive their file number who filed for Labor just before Perm around March 24-25. I haven't received mine and my lawyer says i may not get the file number until the file moves to BRC-Dallas. But does it take so long? Please advice.

Yes, my lawyer filed my case on RIR(non-perm) on March 23rd, but no news from my lawyer yet.

Where did you file labor from?

we filed CA non-RIR labor 3/21/05 as backup. Haven't heard anything about it yet. Will file PERM pretty soon - however lawyer insists on withdrawing non-RIR labor to attach priority date (bec of 7th year extension problem otherwise).

I'd rather not withdraw non-RIR labor and just file PERM, but what can I do??

mine was filed under EB3 RIR. I dont know if it is prudent to withdraw my existing application and file under PERM as EB3 is already retrogressed. And even if i get my labor cleared, i dont see any advantage. Is anyone in my such situation and still in a dilemma. Please let me know ur views

My lawyer filed in March 1st week and i didn't get receipt no. In another 15 days i'm stepping into 6th year. For 7th year extension i need some kind of proof saying my LC is pending for more than 1 year. Do any one knows on what basis i can apply for 7th year extension.

Texas SWA received my application on March 1st (RIR, EB3). My lawyer informed me on April 28th that they have received notification that it has moved to Dallas BEC.

I would say get the case number and call them up.

Hope that helps.

Ooz said:
Texas SWA received my application on March 1st (RIR, EB3). My lawyer informed me on April 28th that they have received notification that it has moved to Dallas BEC.

Hope that helps.

I got mine and it's non-RIR, EB3. What is the processing time stating on your letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
PHP:

Hope that helps.

Is your case filed from CA? and what county

little_tongya said:
Yes, my lawyer filed my case on RIR(non-perm) on March 23rd, but no news from my lawyer yet.

Where did you file labor from?

I filed from Chicago RIR, EB-2 on march 25th. the lawyer still insists that we will get the file # only after BRC, Dallas receives the application. we are all on the same rocking and swirling raft :confused: !!

Labor applied in March (Non_PERM)

My labor applied in March Non-Perm from CA. No priority date yet. Does anybody know if the cases for March are dispatched to Philli or Dallas. I know thet cases with older dates from CA were divided among Dallas and Philly.

I applied for my labor on March 24th 2005 before the PERM on EB2 Category from New Hampshire.
But till today I have not recieved any notification or file# from them. My lawyer says it will take 2 months to get the file#. Does it really takes so long time to get the file#.
Please keep me updated.

Our cases are probably still sitting in boxes at one of the BEC's and have not been entered in the system yet. Short data entry by BEC would complete by Sept 2005 (tentative date given by BEC). So my guess is we might not hear anything until sept.

Please update this thread if anybody hears anything.

until Sept to enter data?

BEC were supposed to clear our files within 2 yrs. If they take more than 6 months to openour files and enter the data in the system, Wondering when would they decide our fate. Pals lets keep this thread alive. We all need to keep ourselves abreast with immigration info. we are on the tail end of this roller coaster. :eek:

Cases moved to BEC's

All the cases post Jan 1st from most of the states have moved to corresponding BECs. Checkout www.immigration-law.com. According to this list my case filed from CA has reached Dallas BEC on 4/25.

I saw an approval from Dallas for March 2003 PD from OH. Guys don't lose hope, cases are moving at a decent pace.

I do not have any info where my application is sent? It is RIR, filed on March 27, 2005, New York.No respond from lawyer.Do you know when we can expect news?

What will happen to one year extension

ince we have not heard anything from the BEC's regarding our case how do we go about the 7th year extension on the bassis that labor was filed 365 days in advance. I hope we somehow should be able to avail this on the basis that we actually mailed the application.

tt015 said:
I do not have any info where my application is sent? It is RIR, filed on March 27, 2005, New York.No respond from lawyer.Do you know when we can expect news?
All applications from 2005 are supposed to go to BEC, wait for data entry and then being sent the 45 day letter (yes, even the once in 2005). Latest news says that all the data entry is to be finished by Sept'05. So actual application processing would go in some order after that (like FIFO).. my app was 'sent' on 3/23 to CA SWA.. I am expecting to wait for at least 3 yrs from that date.

Receipt Numbers

Couple of my friends who have filed their labor approx march 23rd got their receipt numbers (im not sure if the BEC numbers or not). They have filed their labor from Michigan.
I have spoken to my lawyer and he said he did not receive my case number yet. I dont know what is the criteria in sending these case numbers. Hopefully we will receive them too and let us be prepared for the looooooooong wait.
In the mean time is any one of you thinking about moving to perm or talk to your attorenys. Post me your opinion on that