Anyone file PERM today?

we know what would be the response from DOL.
either it be PERM or RIR everything same route.
seems to me it is going to the same track as before.

mine applied on June 29th and still in progress.

this is totally frustrating for all of us..................

I am getting totally frustated now. No idea what is happening.
Filled on 6/6 Atlanta - in process till date. Lawyer says she got approval for the cases filed in August/September with similar info.

Is there anyone earlier then 6/6 still waiting. Any idea what is really cooking at DOL.

coolz said:
we know what would be the response from DOL.
either it be PERM or RIR everything same route.
seems to me it is going to the same track as before.

mine applied on June 29th and still in progress.

this is totally frustrating for all of us..................

Applied yesterday

My PERM was submited 10/26 to Atlanta.
confirmation email received within minutes.
MIS Manager B.A + 5y (EB2)
now we wait.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Job order timeframe question???

Besides internal job posting (10 days), job order at SWA (30 days), and two different sundays in the newspaper,

Can anyone clarify if it's ok that one of the three additional steps takes place within 30 days?

For example:

First additional step: Employer's Web site for 30 days listing

Second one: Campus placement offices for another 30 days

Third one
: Job search Web site for 10 days listing <-- Is this ok???

Thanks in advance.

I am a silent reader of the forum. My lawyer received the CERTIFIED labor certification today that was filed last Sept. 6, 2005. We are now ready to proceed to our I-140 application. Good luck to all, hope you will have your CERTIFIED labor certification too and see you in the I-140 forum.

Urgent: Slade45 and others with PERM Cases

My H1B expires in May 2007 and because of that I am hoping to file my PERM case before May 2006. Any idea if this can be achieved if we start advertising process in December 05. What's the shortest time frame before a PERM EB2 case can be successfully applied.

My current LC is pending with BEC for 2.5 years and I wanted to move on before I get in to my last year of H1.

Please advise. Thanks.

Slade245 said:
My PERM was submited 10/26 to Atlanta.
confirmation email received within minutes.
MIS Manager B.A + 5y (EB2)
now we wait.... ;)

what processing center did you file at? or what state are you in?
bilibitornot said:
I am a silent reader of the forum. My lawyer received the CERTIFIED labor certification today that was filed last Sept. 6, 2005. We are now ready to proceed to our I-140 application. Good luck to all, hope you will have your CERTIFIED labor certification too and see you in the I-140 forum.

yes it should!

fastergcwanted said:
My H1B expires in May 2007 and because of that I am hoping to file my PERM case before May 2006. Any idea if this can be achieved if we start advertising process in December 05. What's the shortest time frame before a PERM EB2 case can be successfully applied.

My current LC is pending with BEC for 2.5 years and I wanted to move on before I get in to my last year of H1.

Please advise. Thanks.
it should take few days to prepar the case, get autorization from your state for the prevailing wage, and make the job order online as soon as possible. it can be ready in two weeks. you can submit your PERM 61 days after doing the job order. make sure to do all other advertizing on the first 30 days of job order. (one can be done later).
very important: EB3 numbers are gone, EB2 are running out soon. there is no point in going for PERM if you wouldnt be able to move on with the process after approving your L.C.
in that case, the P.D. of your old case is much more usfull.

I am in the process of pursuing PERM EB2. I have BS (non IT) + 8 years in IT. The adverisements my company posted says "Requires Master's degree or equivalent in Computer or Engineering or equivalent along with one year of experience in job to be performed". It does not specifically say "any field or BS + 5". Will this cause any problem?

Much worried. Anyone with similar case? Please advice!. Thanks in Advance.

kb_74 said:
I am in the process of pursuing PERM EB2. I have BS (non IT) + 8 years in IT. The adverisements my company posted says "Requires Master's degree or equivalent in Computer or Engineering or equivalent along with one year of experience in job to be performed". It does not specifically say "any field or BS + 5". Will this cause any problem?

Much worried. Anyone with similar case? Please advice!. Thanks in Advance.
no, it shouldnt. but you have to check carefuly the ONET of your case. it must say clearly that BS+5 or 8 is acceptable for this job.

My company lawyer said that it is a hard rule that we need a Masters to file under EB2 and filed under "EB3" Last month. I took his word for it and never bothered to speak to anyone else.

But per some postings on immigrationportal.com people are getting PERM approvals under EB2 with a BS + 5 years experience. Q) Does BS + 5 years experience considered as EB2 or do we require Master's Degree for EB2? If BS + 5 years experience is considered EB2, can we change from EB3 to EB2 after the application has been filed?

I already had 5 + years experience before I joined my current company.

Any alternatives you suggest?

Please Advise.

support.gc said:
My company lawyer said that it is a hard rule that we need a Masters to file under EB2 and filed under "EB3" Last month.
Filed what? Labor or i140/1485?
For labor it doesn't matter EB2/3 - it does though for i140/148.