Anyone applied for a UK tourist visa in July/August 2010?

They are very strict nowadays, i have been to UK atleast 25 times for less than two weeks, and had 5 Years multiple visas issued 4 times, even then so i was rejected, i appealed and got the original decision overturned, this time i had applied for a 10 Year multiple.
They will deny you if you do not send your original Green Card, i send a copy initially and was rejected and one of the reason of rejection was that a copy is not a sufficient proof of US Residency.
Right after that i got my US Citizenship and now i don't even need a stupid visa anymore, anyhow it is valid till 2020 in my country of origin's passport feel like asking them to shove it up now, yet another reason to be a proud US Citizen now, so glad i dont have to mess with those retards anyway, they are so dumb to think that a US Green Card holder will try to settle down in thier stupid country and play all these games.
If it was'nt for my relatives i probably will never go there anyway.
I really regret now spending almost $800 on a Ten Year UK Visa which i have no use for now, it costed me more than the damn airline ticket.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why so much negativity? I understand you are frustrated with the British bureaucracy, but you seem to forget all the hell you have to go through to apply for a USA tourist visa. What is the land of opportunity and what is not is highly subjective, so let's not apply double standards here. While being a GC holder, I had a "pleasure" applying for Schengen visa (Greece) and Irish tourist visas, and I should say they both did not seem to give a damn about my US Green Card, although I had to present it in both cases. But then, I really needed to go to those countries, so I just accepted all the crapload of work and pushed till the end.

Why so much negativity? I understand you are frustrated with the British bureaucracy, but you seem to forget all the hell you have to go through to apply for a USA tourist visa. What is the land of opportunity and what is not is highly subjective, so let's not apply double standards here. While being a GC holder, I had a "pleasure" applying for Schengen visa (Greece) and Irish tourist visas, and I should say they both did not seem to give a damn about my US Green Card, although I had to present it in both cases. But then, I really needed to go to those countries, so I just accepted all the crapload of work and pushed till the end.

We were just discussing facts, please don't take that personal, you said they both did not seem to give a damn about your GC, but you see you HAD to present it, trust me that little card played a big role in the approval of those visas. Try getting the same Visas from Pakistan, India, Iran etc without a GC and then you will know what I am talking about. Although I am in total agreement with you about Land of Oppertunity Comment, it's all about lady luck and it can strike anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator: