• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any Winners Yet Living In The Uk(dv2008)

Jirator

Registered Users (C)
Hello there? Has anybody living in the UK received DV2008 notification letter? And whats your country of origin.

Just want to know if there are still chances of winning since people have started receiving theirs.

Jirator

I haven't personally, but I do know someone who has received notification that he has won the lottery he got it THursday, he applied through Germany as his wife was born there.

Any UK residents winners

Ok...thanks, does he live in the UK or germany. Did you apply as well?

Hi Julie - I guess that's me!

Yes, Carolyn received hers last Wednesday 4th. She was born in Germany but only lived there for 2 years, and has lived in the UK since.

I haven't personally, but I do know someone who has received notification that he has won the lottery he got it THursday, he applied through Germany as his wife was born there.

Hi I am from Ukraine and lived in London for the past 6 years. I registered for DV2008 and am waiting for letter. I also want to know wether there are any winners that received NL in UK, so please guys take a minute to register and send in your comments. I am shure that there are many people like myself in UK that sit and wait for news, so share info that you have with us. Good luck everyone!!!

Hi,
My wife and I are from Iran living in the UK for the last five years. My wife won the DV2007. Our interview was held in the US Embassy in London last week. The interviewers in the embassy were not so familiar with cases like ours but overall it went ok. We were advised that our case needs further processing. I just hope our names will be cleared before the end of September 2007.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any question regarding CP in London.

Denniz

RE: Interview

Hi,
My wife and I are from Iran living in the UK for the last five years. My wife won the DV2007. Our interview was held in the US Embassy in London last week. The interviewers in the embassy were not so familiar with cases like ours but overall it went ok. We were advised that our case needs further processing. I just hope our names will be cleared before the end of September 2007.

Denniz

Hi,

I'm new to the lottery thing. So it seems that you can take your interview in you country of residence: You don't have to return to your country of birth to have the interview?

Hi,

I'm new to the lottery thing. So it seems that you can take your interview in you country of residence: You don't have to return to your country of birth to have the interview?

That's true. You do not have to have the interview in your birth country. You can choose the country that you currently reside in legally. :)

Denniz, were you and your wife asylum seekers? If you were did you get a leave to remain in uk or you do not have any status yet? The reason I am asking you is my sis won the 2008 DV but she is what the UK government calls "failed asylum seeker". And we are worried whether the CP in London will require a current residence permit in UK. Please share us your experience. Thanks. And good luck with your application.

Liya

Hi,

Denniz

My wife has received the notification letter last week. We have already sent the documents back to the Kentucky Center.

The number is EU00004***

Deniz, could you please tell me a little bit more about the interview? What questions did they ask you? What was your number last year (I don't want the whole number, just want to see when we are likely to be invited if everything is ok with the documnents). My impression is that it takes the UK consulate so much time to decide on your case because they do not know the DV process very well. Maybe this is because UK-born people are not eligible for the lottery.

Denniz, were you and your wife asylum seekers? If you were did you get a leave to remain in uk or you do not have any status yet? The reason I am asking you is my sis won the 2008 DV but she is what the UK government calls "failed asylum seeker". And we are worried whether the CP in London will require a current residence permit in UK. Please share us your experience. Thanks. And good luck with your application.

Liya

liya2006,
We are not asylum seekers. We came to the UK 5 years ago on work permit visa. We got the permanent visa last year and the citizenship last week.

Unfortunately I have no information about "failed asylum seeker". I think you need to contact the London Embasy directly to make sure that you will have a successful interview in London.
I do remember the guy who interviewed us, was looking for a valid UK visa in our passport.

Hope this helps.

My wife has received the notification letter last week. We have already sent the documents back to the Kentucky Center.
The number is EU00004***
Deniz, could you please tell me a little bit more about the interview? What questions did they ask you? What was your number last year (I don't want the whole number, just want to see when we are likely to be invited if everything is ok with the documnents). My impression is that it takes the UK consulate so much time to decide on your case because they do not know the DV process very well. Maybe this is because UK-born people are not eligible for the lottery.

Sir Archibald,

We had the case number of 2007AS000050**.

You will be interviewed once your case number becomes current (I suppose you have been answered about the visa bulletins in the other posts) no matter which embassy you choose.

I mentioned that they were not familiar with processing Iranian-born cases. But instead they are very efficient in processing immigrant/non-immigrants visas although the embassy is one of the busiest one in the world. I think if you are born in one of the European countries you would get your visa stamped on your passport just after a few days.

We were asked just a few simple questions like "What's your job? Did you go to university?".

I will try to explain my CP experience in details once my wife and I got the visa ;). So please pray for us.

Denniz