Any recent canada rentry experiances ?

Any post Sep11 experience taking bus to CN?

Anyone know if after Sep11, they stamp at the border to CN?
if going by bus

H1 stamp + Can PR on one passport may have problem

sreeya,

I do not know about your status in the US. If you have a H1 stamp on your passport, the border officer may see that when you check your passport. At that time, it is hard to say I was travelling to the US for vacation. They will ask you when you got the H1 visa, and when you started the work in the US. I had a bad experience when I re-entered Vancouver two years ago riding a friend\'s car. At that time, since I had been working in US for less than 6 months, they allowed me to get into Canada.

I agree...depends on the officer and the border post.

when we landed I had valid H1 stamp but they did not bother to check the passport, the next time I entered they always checked the canadaian stamps and landing paper but never asked anything about the US H1 visa....however after June 28th you can say that you have a temp job in the USA ...with 2/5 years requriment they must not bother about what you do until you hit that time....so if you have landed less than 2 yrs ago..you are good to go.

Pls explain

What do you mean "they always check the canadian stamps".
I thought you say they dont stamp.

after 28th June..the officer\'s will be looking at either

your residence in past 5 yrs of being a PR or if you have not been a PR from the day you got your PR until the current day.
So if you have landed less than 2 yrs ago, you are ok...note now they are looking for \'physical presence\' not \'intention of being in canada\'

tt tt, didn\'t they ask you why you drive a car with US plate while you show them the Canadian PR pa

I was once asked by a Canadian officer at Rainbow bridge: Is this your car or a rental car (I showed him my Canadian PR paper and told him that I came to the US for vacation only). I told hime that this is a retal car. At that time I was scared because I can not show him a rental receipt because that was my car. Didn\'t you or you all have the same experience?

I rental a car in the US only when I was driving to get \'landed\'. at that time ..

I was asked about the car but nothing else, after that in all my subsequent entries in canada were always on public transport since I knew that canadian PRs and citizens cannot drive US cars into canada

Please help me for CAN PR and US H1

Can someone help me
  We are expecting canadain PR by mid of next month and planning land before SEP 02 and want to come back. Can i come back to US and work here. What shall i have to tell he INS officer. My US GC is also on processing will it be any effect for me . if I land there and if stopped me to go to US.

Thanks in advance
siva

I think no. but please check misc.immigration.canada on deja.com

to see the correct answers by experts..I think it is not allowed, otherwise you have to pay a large import tax on the car. I believe the only exception is if it is a one way rental from USA-> canada.

but please check it up

there are two things you need to note here..

1) Canada entry during landing : the officer may ask if you have US green card processing or if you have quit your US job, he may ask if you are going to stay in canada right now ..depdending on those answers he may allow you to land.

2) US entry on return : the INS cares only about your current immigration status in the US, whether you have a valid visa or an expired visa with valid I-94 or advance parole...the only Qs asked at that time are how long in canada and what to do in the USA. Canadian PR has no bearing at this time.

Latest re-entey experience?

Anyone get latest experience of re-entry to Canada? Either by bus or rental car?

I had some experience before 911. I drove my own car to the check point. It was midnight. The office asked about whose car it is and I answered it is a rental car. He asked me show the reciept and I could not. So he asked me to go to the custom and wrote a note for me to give the other office. I realized that I can not go away without telling the truth. So, when the officer from custom asked me about the car, I told him it is my car and show him the everything. I guess the office in the booth could not tell too much about my previous answer to the one from the building. So, they checked my car and documents and took me into the building. They told me I have to pay the import tax on this car if I want to bring it into canada. I asked how much and it was 2000 canadian dollars. I told him I do not know I have to pay the tax and do not have this kind of money. I asked if I can drive the car back to US and sell it. They said I can do that since this is the first time I did this and did not know the rule. So, after about 30 minutes, I drove back to US. Next day, I rented a car and drove to the check point, the lady officer asked the same question and let me enter easily. She just checked my landing paper from distance. It took about 2 minutes. By the way, I kept US driver license.

Thing might be changed since 911. Could anyone with recent re-entry experience share his/her infomation? Either by bus or rental car. Thanks.

Hello, everyone, please input something

Come on, guys, input something about reentry. I really do not want to make another mistake and then stop by canadian office again. I am sure someone can help me or someone who want to enter Canada without RRP. Thanks.