Any experiences with I-485 at Santa Ana, CA suboffice?

Hi, mrv71.
I mailed my application to Santa Ana office on 06/17/2003
I received a receipt dated on 07/07/2003
Fingerprint - 07/22/2003

Did you apply I-485?
If you did, let's exchange the info.;)

Mmm.. I think INS will disregard the interview you had a few years ago unless they state the case is pending. But it's just my guess. It might be worth to ask an expert or make sure with INS directly.
Why you didn't file I-485 at that time?
I don't see your whole situation, so hard to help you.

We are going almost on the same timeline.
I just picked up my work and travel permit today.
Good luck with your I-485 process. :)

I'm not really sure about your case. However, people who just got married and filed I-485 will receive a conditional green card which is valid only for 2 years. And they have to renew by proving they are still marry with the same wife/ husband. In your case, you will receive a regular? green card because you have been marry more than 2 years. Good for you!

Angel & mrv

How long will it take to get a conditional residence - stamped in passport given the condition that if i marry a citizen and apply for green card , having my status in H1B. ( in santa ana)

will the conditional residence be given only after I-485 is approved or will it be given as soon as we get the EAD ?

please share your knowledge.

thanks in advance

-milpride

Interview notice received!

Hi, mrv71.
Congratulations for your interview notice!
I just received the notice too!
Hope our interviews will go good.

My timeline was
07/07/03-receipt date
07/22/03-fingerprints done
08/01/03-EAD and advance palole
11/24/03-interview scheduled

Amazingly quick!

Hi. I went to my GC interview yesterday.
As mrv described, the whole thing was very smooth. My hasband and I got INS office 5min. before our appointment time. We were called on time. The officer gave us an interview was very nice. I showed the requested documents such as passport, I-94, drivers license and so on... He asked about 10 questions while he was handling all the documents. That was it.
I received an approval letter and a stamp on my passport.
I got so called Conditional GC which is valid only for 2years because we have been married less than two years. I need to remove the conditional GC 90 days before the 2-years GC expires.
We were outside the building 20 minutes later.

I am so happy and have no more worries!!
mrv: Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Angel_Go_Go

hello friend,

Will you please list me the documents that you showed to the officer, as a proof for your married life ? (like joint bank account, marriage albums/certificates, etc...)

It will be of really helpful to me.

Because some ppl say mere bank account and pictures will not suffice.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

thanks in advance

milpride

proof documents

I brought
last 3 months joint account bank statements
automobile insurance policy
apartment lease agreement
junk mails have both my husband's and my name
some trip pictures

We didn't have much to show. But I think anything have both names woud be helpful.