ANAHEIM ASYLUM OFFICE APPLICANTS MORE THEN 1 YEAR

15 months here, no interview yet.
based on the USCIS asylum office workload the backlog is getting larger and larger . for example the SF office is receiving about 600 cases a month and interviewing 300 .

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Upcoming National Engagements/PED_Affirmative_Asylum_July_August_September_2014.pdf
I was interviewed September 2014 but no decision was made , I dont know what happened.
thanks for the link you send me but I can not find what is my case (cases were interviewd and no decision made for that) in the list, we interview in LA september,do you know our category in this list ?

I was interviewed September 2014 but no decision was made , I dont know what happened.
thanks for the link you send me but I can not find what is my case (cases were interviewd and no decision made for that) in the list, we interview in LA september,do you know our category in this list ?
when did you apply?
i didn't understand about the category?

when did you apply?
i didn't understand about the category?
I applied march 2014, fingerprint April 2014, interviewed September 2014 but I haven got any decision.
I took a look on the report you sent me,they interviewed 614 applicants and all have got the decision,so where am I without the decision?

No, actually, they give the number of decisions made. But this does not mean that the cases decided were the ones that were submitted over the past few months.
Among the numbers of cases decided can be cases that were filled (and interviewed) in 2012 and 2014. In the same way, cases like yours who were interviewed are not necessarily going to be among the cases decided (when a decision has not yet been made).
In conclusion, there is no way to know what cases they are counting among the cases decided.

Hi there, filed at march 2014, still waiting for any notice for interview. nothing yet. life is so hard.

Hi there, filed at march 2014, still waiting for any notice for interview. nothing yet. life is so hard.
Milad, I know life is hard in this situation like me,but don't worry I believe they have to do something.This report:
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Upcoming National Engagements/PED_Affirmative_Asylum_July_August_September_2014.pdf
shows they have near 65000 application in backlog and it goes more and more everyday.I heard USCIS has only 300 officer.
did you apply for EAD?did you get the notice to interview?

I applied for my Asylum on April 2013 , yet no interview notice and nothing. i got my EAD renewd once but I have not received any update on my case, dont know what to do ? Does any one know any person who applied almost by that time and already got their approval? Do you guys think we may need to wait for more than 3 years ?

I applied for asylum in December 2013, had my fingerprints taken in December 2013, I received my EAD in June 2014...... Still no interview, just waiting...... I'll soon apply for the renewal of my EAD, my lawyer says that due to the backlog everything is just backed up. I applied in Boston (which is a field office) but apparently they have opening an asylum office here....its the luck of the draw, for those who have been interviewed, and for those who have to just wait endlessly..... Be courageous, lets hope things work out eventually.

I applied for asylum in December 2013, had my fingerprints taken in December 2013, I received my EAD in June 2014...... Still no interview, just waiting...... I'll soon apply for the renewal of my EAD, my lawyer says that due to the backlog everything is just backed up. I applied in Boston (which is a field office) but apparently they have opening an asylum office here....its the luck of the draw, for those who have been interviewed, and for those who have to just wait endlessly..... Be courageous, lets hope things work out eventually.[/QUOTE
@SanAX I interviewed sep 2014 and they asked me to come back to USCIS and pick up the decision letter after 14 days but till now after 5 months still nothing, to be honest with you I dont know what will happen to us.but my lawyer said because of backlog they can not decide about lots of applicants till now,like your lawyer,So please dont worry and be patient,
I can sent you a link , this is the report for all asylum applicant for last three months of 2014 and you can find the same report for 2013,it could help me to understand how many applications they have without any decision.
please change the months and the year of the link you could find your report.
they could interview only 226 applicant means near 73% in Huston

Last edited:
I finally got my interview notice today.
Interview will be second week of June' 2017.
I will do everything to prepare myself.

I pick up my decision today, I got RECOMMENDED APPROVAL :)
The form says, pending further Security/Background Check.

I just check my status online today and it show:
On July 7, 2017, we received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-765,
Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number ZLA..................
We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

Which mean my asylum got approved 15 days after I received Recommended Approval :)