Anaheim asylum office applicants 2013.

Could you please let us know which companies rejected you for temporary work permit? were there big US companies or some small businesses. I am interested in it, because I am applying for jobs in different banks and big US companies, and I would like to know if they reject for that reason or not? Because on their applications they only asks if I have a valid work authorization in the USA and if i need any sponsorship to renew it. Of course I answer YES to first question and NO to the second question.

no i can't let to you which companies . but you should know about it 3 manager rejected me . when they called me for interview they wanted my documents no SSN , they wanted my EAD first one when they looked my EAD they said to me excuse me i can't hiring you because your documents are temporary goodbye and have a great day .
our interview is very important don't forget it . this documents not important our SSN is temporary and our EAD has a expire date anybody in LA and this country looking for job and they have a green card or they are citizen. for managers they are priority not asylum seeker in pending.
but we can find a job exactly little jobs .and you should know thats difficult .

Last edited by a moderator:
By law they can not reject you only because of the temporary documents!!!! Unless there is another reason. It's against the rules. If you can prove it some how, you can sue them. I understand that you will not do that, but keep it in mind when you will go to the next interview. And fight for your rights. I got my job in a big company, nobody asked me about documents till the day I singed the contract and after that I provided them with my SSN and EAD. Right now I need to reniew my EAD and if I will not provide them with the new one, the have the right to terminate my employement.
Just don't mention too much about your private life in the interview, it has nothing to do with you professional skills and you are authorized to work.

Queries

Hi to all,
I have a few queries that I would like to clarify. My wife and I have applied for asylum in Sep 2013. I understand that the interview schedule date is more a question of patience than luck. However, when can we apply for an EAD? and when may we apply for a SSN?

Another matter, I have a pending issue with the DMV. We had initially entered the US on a tourist visa then had applied for asylum. When I had received my driver's licence it was with the duration of the granted tourist visa, which is for 6 months. Prior the expiration date I had received communication from the DMV to extend my DL if I provide them with any change to my legal status. I had then sent copies of documents pertaining our asylum case. But I haven't heard from them since. I visited the DMV today and was informed that I should furnish them with documents about my legal status which are less than 60 days old. Life here in the States revolves around having a car. So are there any suggestions? Or did someone experience such an obstacle before?

Many thanks,

Hi to all,
I have a few queries that I would like to clarify. My wife and I have applied for asylum in Sep 2013. I understand that the interview schedule date is more a question of patience than luck. However, when can we apply for an EAD? and when may we apply for a SSN?

Another matter, I have a pending issue with the DMV. We had initially entered the US on a tourist visa then had applied for asylum. When I had received my driver's licence it was with the duration of the granted tourist visa, which is for 6 months. Prior the expiration date I had received communication from the DMV to extend my DL if I provide them with any change to my legal status. I had then sent copies of documents pertaining our asylum case. But I haven't heard from them since. I visited the DMV today and was informed that I should furnish them with documents about my legal status which are less than 60 days old. Life here in the States revolves around having a car. So are there any suggestions? Or did someone experience such an obstacle before?

Many thanks,

Here what I can tell you from my own experience:

First of all you can apply for EAD exactly after 150 days from the date the Asylum office received or complete asylum application (This date is written on your receipt from the Asylum office). Don’t apply for EAD even 1 day earlier. If you send the application earlier, they will keep it for a month, then send it back to you and you will have to apply once more. So if you hurry for a few days you will lose a month. So if you applied somewhere in September 2013 you will be able to apply for EAD somewhere in February 2014. From my experience I can tell you, that it took exactly one month to get the EAD card in hand from the date the California Service Center received my EAD application. Remember send your application to them after completing exactly 150 days of pending asylum application. After that as soon as you get your EAD card in the mail you can apply for SSN the same day visiting a Social Security Administration office. After one week you will get your SSN card in the mail. And only after having the EAD and SSN you can extend your driver license. You did wrong to send them the copies of your Asylum case, because the receipt of the asylum application isn’t a legal presence document for DMV for issuing a driver license. So as soon as you get your EAD card and SSN number go to the DMV office, show them your old driver license, EAD card and SSN and tell them that you want to extend your Driver License. You will not have to pay any fee for extension of your license. They will give you an interim license right away (you can start driving with that interim license until you get your plastic license in the mail) and will send your Driver License plastic card one week later.
I wrote all this information according to my own experience. I told you what I did, because I was exactly in your situation. I came here in June 2013, applied for asylum in July 2013, my driver license expired in December 2013, after that I got my EAD card and SSN in February and renewed my license. So I couldn’t driver almost two months.

Hope I could help you. Wish you best of luck.

You can apply for a EAD after 150 days have passed since your asylum application was received (and not a day before - or it will get denied) - I believe you apply for the SSN after you receive your employment card.

No idea about DMV - each state may have slightly different rules.

I agree 100% with Anthony2013. Exact the same experience I had, just one difference: my EAD took 2 months. My advise to you is to make sure to sign your form I 765 with small signiture, otherwise they can request you to resign it and in this case you will lose time. Good luck.

Dear Friends

Yesterday I wrote an e-mail inquiry to Anaheim asylum office regarding my pending asylum case and today I got an answer from them. The information about the reason of the delays of asylum interviews wasn’t new for me (they were understaffed and couldn’t schedule all the cases for the interviews and some cases went into backlog). The only good news which I had from their answer, was the fact, that they are in the process of hiring and training new officers and as soon as their staffing resources permit, they will schedule the backlogged cases for the interviews. According to them, they are looking forward to have all the new officers hired and trained by Spring 2014. Also they told me, that they are still giving priorities to new filed cases, in order to prevent fraudulent applicants getting employment authorization if their cases are recognized as not valid cases. Otherwise, if they start scheduling the cases from the oldest to newest, all the new cases will go into the backlog and all the new applicants will be granted EADs, which they don’t want to happen, because there can be a lot of fake applicants who shouldn’t get an EAD and must be immediately put into removal proceedings. So that is the reason, why they still prioritize newly filed cases.
Hope this information will be useful for you my friends.

In the meantime please share your experiences and news here. It helps all of us be informed about this situation with our backlogged cases.

Wish you all best of luck.

I sent them an email too but never got an response.
Could you tell me which email you emailed and what information you included in that email?

Thank you Anthony2013 for sharing with us this information. I am waiting for the interview for more then 15 months. I usually call them to check if my case is still pending, but never send them email.

Thank you Anthony2013 for sharing with us this information. I am waiting for the interview for more then 15 months. I usually call them to check if my case is still pending, but never send them email.

I tried to call them as well, but the automatic answer told me, that due to confidentiality of the asylum cases, all the inquires must be sent in writing. How could you manage to call them?

I call directly Anaheim asylum office, press 0 and then they connect with operator or smb else, who ask my information and then answer the questions.

I tried that number but I guess when I call them, they are in lunch or they are busy since I don't hear the option to dial for operator.

Very rare it happened to me too, but I always call back next day, or later the same day and they answer, just try again, I am sure you will reach them. I also don't listen to all options, I just press 0 ones the voice MSG starts.

hi everyone I just applied for my EAD since it is over 150 waiting days. For how long do I have to wait for my EAD? I heard that I can apply for SSN after I receive the EAD. Where and how do I apply for it? Thanks!

hi everyone I just applied for my EAD since it is over 150 waiting days. For how long do I have to wait for my EAD? I heard that I can apply for SSN after I receive the EAD. Where and how do I apply for it? Thanks!

Hi Ei Ma,
You can find your answer on this link below.

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...or-EAD-after-150-days-How-long-does-will-take

You apply for your SSN at the Social Security Office near you. You can use this weblink to locate your nearest Social security office.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Mwa,
Waz!