Anaheim asylum office applicants 2013.

I went and asked for the interview, but nothing happened. All they say, is wait 150 days and apply for work permit. but I was there in November, maybe something changed since that time, so you can try. When I went there in November, the officer told me, that my interview is gonna be scheduled during this year, but at which part of this year he didn't tell. So maybe now they can tell some estimate time how long you gonna wait approximately. To tell the truth I am already so tired of waiting for my interview that I can hardly prevent me of withdrawing my application... I am deeply disappointed... I don't want to open my mailbox praying every they... I want to get an answer, either yes or no... the most frustrating thing is that they don't tell you how long you have to wait... weeks, months, years... they don't tell anything ... I am sure that they can calculate an estimate waiting period for each application based on their current resources, and tell you how long you have to wait, but they don't do that... i don't know why, but they don't do that... uffffffff..... i am already waiting 6 months for my interview and I am really too tired... too tired..

thanks for your complete reply. Now I am focusing on EAD then. What are you doing these days? I am a student at least with EAD I can earn money for my tuition.

My BF situation

Here is my bf situation:

he applied the asylum in 2012, he took the fingerprint in sep, 2012, after that he didnt receive any interview notice. until now, from september 2012 until 2014. 16 months past, we call them and sent email to them but they just let us waiting waiting waiting, no any further things we can do. we feel very bad. yesterday i received law office call and tell us they can get an interview chance for my bf but we have to pay 3000 bucks to buy this chance, i feel really confused, how they can do this, why they can sell the interview chance to the applicant. if they can why the USCIS still let the backlog wait. please some professional lawyers give me some advice i dont know what i can do.

Its not the asylum office that's for sure. Someone is trying to con you and trying to take advantage of you and your desperation.
You never pay for an interview.

In this forum everyone is complaining about anaheim office but what about the other Offices i think the interview does not take long time like anaheim office !!!!!

Hi my friends

Today i got bad bad news after more 1 year waiting for interview notice
Anaheim office sent a letter for me and
They has been writing in the letter we won't be able to interview with you

I have bad feeling

I hope you will get interview notice and will get approve as soon as possible

Any more detail from the letter? Any reasons?

yes they have been writing :
we are unable to schedule an asylum interview appointment for you at this time . because we due to significant staffing shortage and measurable increase in new asylum filling .

unfortunately i think they won't be able to interview with me in this year

Last edited by a moderator:
i know waiting is so hard and it's killing all of us " asylum applicants" and everytime we complain and blame the USCIS about this process.... but let us thinking from another side..we are not giving the USA the favour because we living in them country and try to be as a refuge but they are who give us the favour if they will accept us...i have the same story like you and maybe it's worst than you because my 2 daughters is still in Baghdad /Iraq and everyone knows what is the situation over there and i cant bring them because my case still pending...but i cant do anything just wait

thanks a lot

i know waiting is so hard and it's killing all of us " asylum applicants" and everytime we complain and blame the USCIS about this process.... but let us thinking from another side..we are not giving the USA the favour because we living in them country and try to be as a refuge but they are who give us the favour if they will accept us...i have the same story like you and maybe it's worst than you because my 2 daughters is still in Baghdad /Iraq and everyone knows what is the situation over there and i cant bring them because my case still pending...but i cant do anything just wait

thanks a lot

i know my friend i don't complain about uscis thats misunderstanding for you. i said about my bad situation i said about my bad chance , they hard working nowadays in Anaheim office everybody knows .
and i thanks God because I'm in USA central of human right in the world and I'm not in my country and I'm not in the jail and I'm alive

Hello People,

My asylum case status ZLA changed to Card Production Ordered since yesterday morning, untill yesterday morning there was like no case found.I read from other people's experience that it is usually the final approval...but need some opinion about it.Is it truly final approval and if it's so then how long does it usually take to get the letter and I-94 and the EAD.

How many of you guys had this kind of experience.
Need input please.I got recommended approval in Jan 17,2014.

Hello People,

My asylum case status ZLA changed to Card Production Ordered since yesterday morning, untill yesterday morning there was like no case found.I read from other people's experience that it is usually the final approval...but need some opinion about it.Is it truly final approval and if it's so then how long does it usually take to get the letter and I-94 and the EAD.

How many of you guys had this kind of experience.
Need input please.I got recommended approval in Jan 17,2014.

You are right! It means final approval! Congrats!!!! Enjoy your new life with freedom.

Got the Final Approval

Hello Everyone....I'd received my final approval notice with the stamped I-94 cards on Friday by USPS Certified mail.So this is how my timeline looks :)

* Sent Application I-589 -- Oct 29,2013
* Notice Received --Nov 7,2013
* Fingerprint Notice Received -- Nov 21,2013
* Fingerprint Done -- Dec 3, 2013
* Interview Notice Received -- Dec 5, 2013
* Interview Date -- Dec 19, 2013 to Anaheim Office
* Recommended Approval -- Jan 21, 2014
* Final Approval -- Feb 12, 2014 ( Approved Date : Feb 4, 2014 )
* Final Approval Notice Received -- Feb 14, 2014

* Application sent to approval time: 3 months 15 days ( 105 days )

I wish all the best for every single one of this forum member who has applied for asylum and hope everybody gets a safer and sound life in this country. God Bless America.

Hello Everyone....I'd received my final approval notice with the stamped I-94 cards on Friday by USPS Certified mail.So this is how my timeline looks :)

I wish all the best for every single one of this forum member who has applied for asylum and hope everybody gets a safer and sound life in this country. God Bless America.

that's amazing ! congrats my friend ! :)
God Bless America.

still pending about 14 months for interview ! unbelievable :)
like a nightmare . my friends applied after me in the other state and they got approval and went to interview but my case still pending about 14 months .

I am happy for you. Now you are safe and don't have to worry as much. Your post gives me hope. But also I understand now how people that have been waiting feel.... How happy and relieved I would be to be in your shoes :( I am afraid of what will happen to me if I don't get a response or if I don't get a favorable response :(

rimaya : Do you at least have your work permit?

yes i have got EAD and SSN for 3 months . and i looking for job . but 3 managers reject me they said to me that documents are temporary. but i looking for job every day . and i know i can find a job
but interview very important for me . i want to go to the interview . 14 months i have been waiting anybody here went to the interview very soon I'm really worry .

yes i have got EAD and SSN for 3 months . and i looking for job . but 3 managers reject me they said to me that documents are temporary. but i looking for job every day . and i know i can find a job
but interview very important for me . i want to go to the interview . 14 months i have been waiting anybody here went to the interview very soon I'm really worry .

Could you please let us know which companies rejected you for temporary work permit? were there big US companies or some small businesses. I am interested in it, because I am applying for jobs in different banks and big US companies, and I would like to know if they reject for that reason or not? Because on their applications they only asks if I have a valid work authorization in the USA and if i need any sponsorship to renew it. Of course I answer YES to first question and NO to the second question.

I don't understand what is temporary about it?
It has 1 year validity.
Also,don't mention that it's based on pending asylum or anything.
They don't need to know. If they want, then let them find out themselves.
If its an E-verified company then they will simple get positive response that you are authorized to work.
I believe employers are getting paranoid when they hear the term "Asylee" and fear they might be in some trouble or some sponsorship issues.