• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

An Open Letter To Simon

Its all about the global quota, simon's latest data shows 48219 issued, and that without the AOS....
So the 50k global limit has been definitely reached, by now we are just waiting to see how many will be saved by Nacara input.
how many can it be at maximum? to which countries will it be allocated? is there any glimmer of hope for Iranians? how many are AOS visas?

how many can it be at maximum? to which countries will it be allocated? is there any glimmer of hope for Iranians? how many are AOS visas?
Man, I have no idea how will they dispatch the rest of the visas !
I'm pretty sure it will be around 1.5k according to the previous years, now I hope for more...

But why the embassies from now declare that the program is ended for iran?dont they count on Nacara visas?
That's why I said I don't know, how do they dispatch the visas left !
To which region, to which country ...! I really don't have any idea, about who will be lucky who will not.

Dear Simon
what has happened to Iranian visas?I am shocked and over 1000 2014 winners are shocked too.I went to the embassy two weeks ago they told me although your administrative processing is done and everything is ok for your visa issuance but we don't have visa numbers and the program is over for Iranians. But based on CEAS files published on 13th Sep they are reaching neither Asia limit(10000) nor World limit(50000). Don't they contradicting themselves?what do you call this? they charged us for the interview. couldn't they calculate their visa numbers before and based on that invite applicants to interview?and now they have visa but they don't approve
very strange.far fetched from US

Actually no they can never calculate that far in advance, they can do a best guess but not know for certain. And they do say paying the fees is for the interview and no guarantee of a visa. I'm sorry you seem to have missed out, but if you look at how they cut off numbers you can see that they were trying to do it properly. It's clear demand and or acceptances was a lot higher than they expected.

And as vladek has posted, they are probably already over 50k so over the limit.

Actually no they can never calculate that far in advance, they can do a best guess but not know for certain. And they do say paying the fees is for the interview and no guarantee of a visa. I'm sorry you seem to have missed out, but if you look at how they cut off numbers you can see that they were trying to do it properly. It's clear demand and or acceptances was a lot higher than they expected.

And as vladek has posted, they are probably already over 50k so over the limit.
Whats your best guess about the Nacara visas?any hope?

We are all just speculating here, so dont pin any hope on Nacara saving things. There are thousands of AP cases worldwide, so no one isthinking how to get more Iranians in particular, they are thinking globally.

Whats your best guess about the Nacara visas?any hope?

I'm somewhat disheartened that every official thing I see on DV continues to talk about 50k visas, rather than 55k. We don't know what the system for reallocating these visas is and I don't think it's something that should be relied on.

Unfortunately seems Us Government ( Dos) Decide to not issue visa for iranian for Unknown Reasons

they issue Total with AOS and All Embassy around 2300 Visa and more than 1500 Iranian cases remain AP

most of them their Admiration Processing is Finish and after they came back to embassy for drop their passport its back without visa and with letter that said DV2014 is over and no more visa

thats funny i because still base on Ceas website there is a lot of Cases change from AP to Issue and only Africa issue 1200 Visa in 7 days on September

i really does not know why they said some thing that not true about availability of visa

Unfortunately seems Us Government ( Dos) Decide to not issue visa for iranian for Unknown Reasons

they issue Total with AOS and All Embassy around 2300 Visa and more than 1500 Iranian cases remain AP

most of them their Admiration Processing is Finish and after they came back to embassy for drop their passport its back without visa and with letter that said DV2014 is over and no more visa

thats funny i because still base on Ceas website there is a lot of Cases change from AP to Issue and only Africa issue 1200 Visa in 7 days on September

i really does not know why they said some thing that not true about availability of visa
It because asia's quota is exausted, remember its about region and global quota!
Af still has a huge amout of interviews scheduled for september so all the non show ups and the refused will be reallocated to the ones on AP in AF.

Anyway its always unfair....

It because asia's quota is exausted, remember its about region and global quota!
Af still has a huge amout of interviews scheduled for september so all the non show ups and the refused will be reallocated to the ones on AP in AF.

Anyway its always unfair....

base on ceas data asia only hit 8000 visa on 1 of septemebr and DV2013 its around 9500

means ASIA quota is not reach !

base on ceas data asia only hit 8000 visa on 1 of septemebr and DV2013 its around 9500

means ASIA quota is not reach !

1. Ceac does not include AoS.
2. Quotas can change year to year
3. You cannot determine the quotas from an under filled year since unused visas can be moved to other regions.
4. EU has surpassed the number it reached in 2013 - by a large margin.