• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

An Open Letter To Simon

alimomenz

Hi Britsimon
I am writing on behalf of the members of An Iranian Immigration forum(www.mohajersara.com) In order to raise their concern regarding delays in announcement of the number of dv applicants who have gone through the administrative processing.
It has been more than one months that no number has been announced by the embassies and this has put us at the end of our rope.
and really left us frustrated. unfortunately the embassies don't give convincing replies and sometimes don't even answer our emails
How do you access the situation and this delays having in mind the shortage of time
thx

Hi Britsimon
I am writing on behalf of the members of An Iranian Immigration forum(www.mohajersara.com) In order to raise their concern regarding delays in announcement of the number of dv applicants who have gone through the administrative processing.
It has been more than one months that no number has been announced by the embassies and this has put us at the end of our rope.
and really left us frustrated. unfortunately the embassies don't give convincing replies and sometimes don't even answer our emails
How do you access the situation and this delays having in mind the shortage of time
thx

Well thanks for pointing out this was for the other forum.

Firstly, it is about a month, but if you phone KCC they will always say the VB is released on the 15th, then they beat that date. Some months they beat it by a few extra days. So, don't stress, the DV lottery is a test of patience.

I very much doubt they will alter the number for Asia for DV2014. Iran almost certainly has enough cases scheduled or in AP.

Thanks for your reply I mean is it probable that some Iranian applicants not be able to get their visa before 30th Sep due to lengthy administrative processing or reaching the annual visa limit or ...?

Thanks for your reply I mean is it probable that some Iranian applicants not be able to get their visa before 30th Sep due to lengthy administrative processing or reaching the annual visa limit or ...?

Yes of course. You may not have noticed, but if you stop seeing things from a solely Iranian point of view you will see that there are many thousands of selectees from all over the world who are about to miss out.

This is what happened last year...

He is not talking about the cut-off number or whether the KCC will announce a new cut-off for September.

He is talking about applicants clearing AP (mainly security clearance in the case of Iranian applicants). He is saying that in the past month no new applicants have been announced to have their AP completed.

Last year about 200 visas more than 7% quota (3500 yearly visa) were issued will this happen this year?

Last edited:
Last year about 200 visas more than 5% quota (3500 yearly visa) were issued will this happen this year?

We don't know. Last year there was good availability of visas, this year it is likely that there will be less visas available so the pressure to clear AP cases will be less.

He is not talking about the cut-off number or whether the KCC will announce a new cut-off for September.

He is talking about applicants clearing AP (mainly security clearance in the case of Iranian applicants). He is saying that in the past month no new applicants have been announced to have their AP completed.

Really? Wow he chose his words badly then.

What do you attribute these lengthy administrative processings for Iranians to ?
Unfortunatly iranian APs take very long, due to serious back_ground check.
Some other applicant from sensitive countries also got stuck on AP for several months....

Is there any solution to speed up the process? Will filling a complaint or hiring an attorney work in these conditions?

Please Vladek, like which countries?
I don't want to point out specific countries, because I don't want to upset anyone on the forum, but most people I know that went on heavy APs, are people that travelled in hot coutries, like syria, libya.....
that's why they had to check their back-ground, to avoid any potential terror risk I guess...!