An observation

wirelesssprint

Registered Users (C)
I have noticed that everyone, with the exception of care2much, has had a positive experience in their asylum interview. If this is the case, does this mean that the backlog we are having right now is due to the fact that everyone who applies for asylum gets an approval? Is there a place where i can find statistics about this issue? This world is getting more dangerous i guess.

Originally posted by wirelesssprint
I have noticed that everyone, with the exception of care2much, has had a positive experience in their asylum interview. If this is the case, does this mean that the backlog we are having right now is due to the fact that everyone who applies for asylum gets an approval? Is there a place where i can find statistics about this issue? This world is getting more dangerous i guess.
gilbert has brought up that issue long time ago. I think he made the point that asylum approvals had been easier. Go to the INS web site and check their statistics

Hi,
Well I do think that I am the only one that got a negative experience,
For 16 yr's and I still have fear , I feel like all INS are against me.
and that's just because the attorney was inexperienced it was his first time in INS court.
Well he was not a real attorney he was representing Law firm, (Gilbert can they do that?) now I am not sure , the second attorney is in jail I don't know why , third one is disbared and he works for some law firm as a reporter or something like that , and now this one (present attorney) looks that he got 3 cases against him,he took big money from people and did nothing.
Now I got 2 other (attorney's ) that will be ready in case, if this one doesn't do anything.
So far he took a few thousand $$from me, filed motion to reopen , and now I am waiting.HE sent me wrong case, case that belong to somebody else, but had similar last name. Well he apologized (for sending wrong case to my name) and asked for more money .
I missed 2 amnesty's aahhh gggrrrrr :mad:
I wish good luck to every body, Some time I think I am in wrong forum you people got no problem . once you get apruved assylum who cares fro the rest :D
P.S.sorry for my spell

Re: Re: An observation

Originally posted by shamshon
gilbert has brought up that issue long time ago. I think he made the point that asylum approvals had been easier. Go to the INS web site and check their statistics

From the mid 1990's to until about 2002, asylum approval jumped substantially. During those times, about 30000 people received asylum every year. This contributed to the adjustment backlog.

However, the number has been going down rapidly in the past few months. The BCIS has been finding every possible excuse to deny applications. In June, the Asylum Office nationwide approved less than 900 cases.

The is why I suggested that you wirelessprint refrain from going home so soon after getting your asylum-based GC.