1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An approved I-140 -the petitioner or company is acquired- H1B extention is possible

Discussion in 'General H-1 and H-3 Visa and Related Issues' started by avaniflorida, Jan 9, 2014.

1. avaniflorida

avaniflorida New Member

Hello Sir,

Thanks in advance for your help.

My I-140 was approved for company A in 2010.Before and after that I have been working on h1b but at company B. In 2011 company B obtained an H1b extension for 3 years.
    Meanwhile in 2012 company A was sold to company C.
    Company C however have not yet obtained new 1-140 via successor in interest.
    My H1B is now due for renewal in 2014 and company B like to extend it.Will this extension need company C to obtain successor In Interest first and then only company B can apply for H1b extension or Company B can make an extension petition based on original 2010 I-140 approval for erstwhile company A which does not exist now?
    Kindly advise.

2. whitemimauz3

whitemimauz3 Registered Users (C)

Company C was suppose to file successor in interest to I-140 filed by company A. As long as I-140 was filed and approved by company A is what you need to file H-1B extension with company B.