1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

American wanting to move BACK to Canada

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by kesh486, Dec 12, 2009.

  1. kesh486

    kesh486 New Member

    Alright so here is my ordeal. I had permanent residence in Canada ( I am American) starting in 2003...I went to school there from 2002-2005, then I went to college till August of 2006...Then I got accepted to a US College and moved back to Texas with family to go to school here. I am wanting to get married to my boyfriend, and move back to Canada( he still lives in Canada he is a citizen)..but I just noticed that my permanent residence was expired in february of 2009. What do I need to do? Will I have any trouble going back across the border by land? Can I go back across, and then renew my p.r? I have went to many sites, and just haven't found what I am looking for. Can I cross, marry him and stay??..And will that help speed up getting my p.r renewed? If anyone has answers please please help ASAP! Thanks..

    God Bless
  2. ginnu

    ginnu Registered Users (C)

  3. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    When was the last time you resided in Canada? Was it August 2006?

Share This Page