1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. ATTENTION: Tri-Valley University Students. Tell Your Story Anonymously:

A journalist for a major U.S. news outlet is looking to show how certain schools such as Tri-Valley and employers associated with those schools may be exploiting students and the student visa system. If you have experience or documents such as emails or contracts, please email jeff.elder@wsj.com. You may submit comments and documents anonymously by redacting (blacking out) names. Your identity will not be disclosed unless you wish to comment on the record. You can also call the journalist at (704)650-4130.

American wanting to move BACK to Canada

Discussion in 'Permanent Residence in Canada' started by kesh486, Dec 12, 2009.

1. kesh486

kesh486 New Member

Alright so here is my ordeal. I had permanent residence in Canada ( I am American) starting in 2003...I went to school there from 2002-2005, then I went to college till August of 2006...Then I got accepted to a US College and moved back to Texas with family to go to school here. I am wanting to get married to my boyfriend, and move back to Canada( he still lives in Canada he is a citizen)..but I just noticed that my permanent residence was expired in february of 2009. What do I need to do? Will I have any trouble going back across the border by land? Can I go back across, and then renew my p.r? I have went to many sites, and just haven't found what I am looking for. Can I cross, marry him and stay??..And will that help speed up getting my p.r renewed? If anyone has answers please please help ASAP! Thanks..

God Bless

2. ginnu

ginnu Registered Users (C)

-----------------------

3. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

When was the last time you resided in Canada? Was it August 2006?