Am on L1-visa married to EAD holder - how to get a EAD for myself

akshari

Couple of years ago, some of my friends who got married to EAD holders got EAD right away as their name was added to the GC application of their husbands. Now while i was (and my L1 is valid till Jan 2012) in the USA on L1 visa I got married and my husband has had his EAD for more than a year.
When we contacted his company lawyer to figure out how i can be added to his GC application, we were told that the laws have now changed and that i cannot be added in the middle of processing and that we have to wait for next stage. But i know next stage is either interview or direct GC in the mailbox.

Does anybody know if this is the case? have rules changed over the years? Can i not be added to my spouse's GC application after marriage, upon which i can also get a EAD ?

please help

You are on L-1 status. Is your husband an AOS applicant? If so, what is the basis of his GC?

When we contacted his company lawyer to figure out how i can be added to his GC application, we were told that the laws have now changed and that i cannot be added in the middle of processing and that we have to wait for next stage.

Another thing i'd like to mention is that he holds both an EAD and a H1-B from his employer, does that make it any different ?

As long as his AOS is still pending and you both are married, your lawyer should work on getting your AOS paperwork in before your husband's AOS is actually approved.

Another thing i'd like to mention is that he holds both an EAD and a H1-B from his employer, does that make it any different ?