1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Am I exempt from H-1B cap?

Discussion in 'H-1 Quota Issues' started by dev2design, Apr 2, 2012.

1. dev2design

dev2design New Member

I was working with Company A in India and they filed H-1B petition for me in 2007. I got the petition approved and stamped the visa after some months. But due to project requirement changes , I was not required to travel.

I continued to work for Company A and in 2010 they applied L-1B for me.Right now I am in USA with my L-1B visa.

Now Company B offered me a Job, So I told them I need H-1B sponsorship and can start only in Oct 1st, 2012.

My Question is since I had one H1-B approved petition (visa) , is there a way I am exempt from the cap.Even though I did not use that visa to travel.

Thanks