1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Am I exempt from H-1B cap?

Discussion in 'H-1 Quota Issues' started by dev2design, Apr 2, 2012.

1. dev2design

dev2design New Member

I was working with Company A in India and they filed H-1B petition for me in 2007. I got the petition approved and stamped the visa after some months. But due to project requirement changes , I was not required to travel.

I continued to work for Company A and in 2010 they applied L-1B for me.Right now I am in USA with my L-1B visa.

Now Company B offered me a Job, So I told them I need H-1B sponsorship and can start only in Oct 1st, 2012.

My Question is since I had one H1-B approved petition (visa) , is there a way I am exempt from the cap.Even though I did not use that visa to travel.

Thanks