Am I eligible for Canadian citizenship?

NoaVana

Hi Everyone,

I was born on 1981 outside of Canada to a Canadian parent who was also born outside of Canada on 1950, but was registered as a Canadian born aboard after his birth and has lived in Canada for several years.
I must say that I haven't lived in Canada and I am approaching my 28th birthday soon.
The question is: am I eligible for Canadian citizenship due to being the child of a Canadian parent who was a citizen at the time of my birth and do I have to retain my citizenship.

I would very much appreciate an answer and thanks in advance

Noa

Thank You

Hi Triple Citizen,

Thank you very much for the information. I visited the website, however, there is something that is not clear. I filled in the questionnaire and I saw that since my father was naturalized as a canadian citizen after birth I do not have to retain my citizenship.
Does that mean that I am not eligible for a citizenship or that I am not required to take the steps to retain my citizenship?
I would very much appreciate your reply on the subject since I am very confused.

Thanks

:)

NoaVana

Call the nearest Canadian consulate/embassy/high commission and speak to an officer. They are in a position to make the best judgement with regards to your situaution. Good luck and keep us posted.