Am I elgible to natrulize?

Lalala2701

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I would like to know if I am eligible to naturalize according to these details:

I have been a resident since 2008, through marriage to an American citizen.
The marriage was from 2004 to 2013. My green card was not conditional.
in 2013 i remarried to another American citizen and we are still together.
i fit in the 5 yr rule because i have 27 months out of the past 5 yrs.
I have never left for more than a year since i got the gc, however, i have only started maintaining my residency in 2012. in other words, between 2008-2012 i have only been in the us about a month a out of year, but since 2012 i have gained 27 months with no trips longer then six months...
Sorry about all the details but i thought they might be important. Looking forward to the conference call.

The 5-year rule requires 5 years of "continuous residence". An absence of over 6 months generally breaks continuous residence; so you had continuous residence only since 2012. There is a 4 year + 1 day rule for people coming back from a long absence; it definitely applies to absences of over 1 year, and there is debate about whether it applies to absences of between 6 months and 1 year. (I don't know whether your last long absence is longer or shorter than a year.) If the 4 year + 1 day rule applies, then you can apply some time in 2016.

Under the 3-year rule, in your case you would qualify when you have married your current spouse for 3 years, which would be some time in 2016.