• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

please your help is urgently needed.
1. I am a SHS graduate and a pupils teacher . In filling form DS—230 the agent who submitted my entry for me wrote STUDENT for question 12 concerning present Occupation. He said that if he writes TEACHING as my occupation the CO would ask for a teaching certificate. Please how correct is this information?

2. As indicated earlier I completed SHS way back in 2001 and unfortunately I lost my original SHS certificate but I have a photocopy and my original results slip. Am I safe?

Ghanaba10, welcome to the forum. I suggest you go to Waec immediately they give you something indicating that you really sat for the SSSCE in the year you mentioned. The photocopy is not enough but still take along on the day of interview. They will ask about your school since you say you are a student, so be thinking of what to tell them.
How long have you been a pupils' teacher?
And what is your case number?

1. I am a SHS graduate and a pupils teacher . In filling form DS—230 the agent who submitted my entry for me wrote STUDENT for question 12 concerning present Occupation. He said that if he writes TEACHING as my occupation the CO would ask for a teaching certificate. Please how correct is this information?

2. As indicated earlier I completed SHS way back in 2001 and unfortunately I lost my original SHS certificate but I have a photocopy and my original results slip. Am I safe?

Tricky I may say but I think by stating you are a student you would have to state which educational institution or what you are studying which I believe was left out and this might be one thing leading to the other and as a pupil teacher I believe that can be proven better than as a student. And on the case of your certificate I actually don't know if WAEC can issue you a new one contrary to their stance of not re-issuing certificates but there is no harm in trying. All the best.

Yes Roselyn. I have got almost all document ready except for affidavit of support I will be working on that hopefully early september. I believe tax returns of the one giving the affidavit should be added.

Sorry, but you don't need an affidavit of support as a Ghanaian. That got waived way back 2011 for us and you don't also need a bank statement. All the peopled I have coached from 2011 didn't have to go to the embassy with those. I hope this helps? Just don't stress about them.
Let me know if you need anything else

Hi Roselyna, why d wait in sending ur docs to KCC? wts d rationale in waiting till 2014 whn ur CN is due for oct 2013???
Pls clarify.
Due for interview in Oct...i keep checkin for my 2NL...(3ice already today 16th Aug) tho it cld b any moment frm now till mid-Sept.
u kno any1 whose got his/hers???

I have very good reasons to wait my dear. There are some legalities that I need to follow and other personal issues to take care of before embarking on the journey.
Besides, I have a large family so I wouldn't want to rush and get stacked later on in the US. I need to plan very well. I will be here for you guys though and will keep you all in my prayers!

Welcome buddy. to answer your questions;
1. It shouldn't be a big deal that he put STUDENT there since you'll not be asked to prove that. the most important thing is you have the high school diploma they are asking for. you can always let them know that you are working of securing admission into a tertiary institution,hence that occupation.
2. the photocopy of your results slip will not help you because the embassy doesn't take photocopies. What you would have to do is to take that photocopy with you to WAEC along with a passport sized photograph to go and apply for confirmation of results which would be mailed by WAEC directly to the embassy. You'll have to do this at least a month to your interview date to make sure the confirmation gets to the embassy on time. WEAC will charge you for the confirmation though.

how to correct error after sending forms to kcc

Hello Please my problem is:
(1) the forms I sent to KCC on the petition I wrote my name and address but now I have got a sponsor in U.S... so how can I change that.
(2) on my supplemental
registration form (DSP-122) on number 6a (level of education completed) I should have checked the box College,No Degree instead of University Degree.(am still in school)
.. (3) the program am doing in my local university is UK course. I will request transcript from the UK center for the interview, meaning my local university name will not reflect on the transcript. but I wrote my local university on the forms I filled out...(am still in school) CN: 2014AF00008*** please above all how can these errors can be corrected.. THANKS

1) The information you put is correct. YOU are the petitioner, not the sponsor you found. The sponsor can fill out an affidavit of support for you, but he/she is NOT your sponsor.

2&3) You can make all your corrections on a new set of form and email the forms to KCC. The email address and instructions for emailing are on your selectee notification letter.

Hello Please my problem is:
(1) the forms I sent to KCC on the petition I wrote my name and address but now I have got a sponsor in U.S... so how can I change that.
(2) on my supplemental
registration form (DSP-122) on number 6a (level of education completed) I should have checked the box College,No Degree instead of University Degree.(am still in school)
.. (3) the program am doing in my local university is UK course. I will request transcript from the UK center for the interview, meaning my local university name will not reflect on the transcript. but I wrote my local university on the forms I filled out...(am still in school) CN: 2014AF00008*** please above all how can these errors can be corrected.. THANKS

help

what about if I e-mail kcc with the correction,by not sending them a new forms. by providing my details... and how sure is the correction can be make.. thanks

You can simply email the corrections if you like. But my question is "since you're emailing KCC what's wrong with simply filling out the form and attaching it to the email?" It's not like you're spending money to mail out the form.

My recommendation to people needing to make changes or correct errors on their forms (especially if its more than 1) has always been for them to send in replacement forms. It's neater that way IMO.

what about if I e-mail kcc with the correction,by not sending them a new forms. by providing my details... and how sure is the correction can be make.. thanks

The barcode is not necessary at this point. Just be sure to follow the instructions on how to email KCC which is contained in your notification letter - include your full name, date of birth, CN - on the email

thanks.. what about the barcode.. or should I just send the update forms?

on my supplemental
registration form (DSP-122) on number 6a (level of education completed).. some options are : (1).College,No Degree. (2).high school,no degree. (3) high school diploma. (4) university degree. I have high cert. (wassce), after that I completed I.P.M.C (ict cert.) and am now in university college and am heading towards diploma.. so which box should I checked/choose..

the program am doing in my local university is UK course. I will request transcript from the UK center for the interview, meaning my local university name will not reflect on the transcript. but I wrote my local university on the forms I filled out... so am thinking if I can write my local university name and the UK center name... example: abc university college/ 123 center...