• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian DV 2016 selectee join here

Best to select Czech now, I think. Kcc has been known to mess up on transferring interview locations before. If you need an address in CZ to select that option, just use your future employer's address (assuming you don't know where you'll be living yet).

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I should use the address of my employer as I don't know where I'll be living yet.

I have downloaded DS-260 Exempla pdf and It says… ‘’PREVIOUS WORK/EDUCATION/TRAINING INFORMATION PAGE

DISPLAYED FOR ALL APPLICANTS WHO MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA: •THE APPLICANT IS MALE AND AGE IS BETWEEN 14 AND 60 •THE APPLICANT IS OVER THE AGE OF 14 AND IS FROM BURMA, CHINA, CUBA, INDIA, IRAN, NORTH KOREA, PAKISTAN, SAUDI ARABIA, SUDAN, SYRIA, OR STATELESS •THE APPLICANT IS RETIRED, NOT EMPLOYED, OR IS A HOMEMAKER •THE APPLICANT IS A PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND IS APPLYING FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING VISA CLASSES: E11, E12, E13, E21, E31, E32, EW3, SD1, SR1, SE1, C51, T51, SI1, SQ1, SF1, SG1, SH1, SJ1, SK1, SN1, R51, AND I51, DV-1 ‟

What does it mean ??? i

am not neither of above countries’

surprising it also say below the box explain

what should I explain ..iam realy confused

also
IN PREVIOUS WORK/EDUCATION/TRAINING INFORMATION PAGE it is possible to include seminar session that you take like 3 day,2 day seminar sessions

I have downloaded DS-260 Exempla pdf and It says… ‘’PREVIOUS WORK/EDUCATION/TRAINING INFORMATION PAGE

DISPLAYED FOR ALL APPLICANTS WHO MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA: •THE APPLICANT IS MALE AND AGE IS BETWEEN 14 AND 60 •THE APPLICANT IS OVER THE AGE OF 14 AND IS FROM BURMA, CHINA, CUBA, INDIA, IRAN, NORTH KOREA, PAKISTAN, SAUDI ARABIA, SUDAN, SYRIA, OR STATELESS •THE APPLICANT IS RETIRED, NOT EMPLOYED, OR IS A HOMEMAKER •THE APPLICANT IS A PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND IS APPLYING FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING VISA CLASSES: E11, E12, E13, E21, E31, E32, EW3, SD1, SR1, SE1, C51, T51, SI1, SQ1, SF1, SG1, SH1, SJ1, SK1, SN1, R51, AND I51, DV-1 ‟

What does it mean ??? i

am not neither of above countries’

surprising it also say below the box explain

what should I explain ..iam realy confused

Actually it does apply to you if you are the principal applicant in a DV case, it says so. But anyway I think you're overthinking it. Just fill in the form the best you can. Not all the fields are really applicable to DV,but fill them in anyway.

Hello guys, I have made an error on my date of birth ( instead of ** ** 1993 ,my agent wrote ** ** 1998) but I have written the correct one on the ds 260. What are my chances of getting a visa

Hello guys, I have made an error on my date of birth ( instead of ** ** 1993 ,my agent wrote ** ** 1998) but I have written the correct one on the ds 260. What are my chances of getting a visa
If the agent you used made more than one entry under your name with different DOB's or other vatiations you would be disqualified and informed at the interview, after paying the DV fee.

If this is not the case, when you are invited for an interview after becoming current, you would have to explain how one can get his/her own birth date wrong. It will depend on the CO and the respective procedures of the consulate you will be interviewing with, what then happens next.

Last edited:
I Great you all, I shall be excused if some of my questions have repetition nature, coz am nervous like most newbies. My cn is 2016AF00015*** from Ethiopia
1. when will be my interview ?
2. when shall I start gathering my police certificate and national exam certificate ( i.e grade 10 and 12 in Ethiopia case ) authentication
3. what and how long does it take some one to fill the AoS and how soon shall I have the AoS on my hand

I Great you all, I shall be excused if some of my questions have repetition nature, coz am nervous like most newbies. My cn is 2016AF00015*** from Ethiopia
2. when shall I start gathering my police certificate and national exam certificate ( i.e grade 10 and 12 in Ethiopia case ) authentication
3. what and how long does it take some one to fill the AoS and how soon shall I have the AoS on my hand
I think you guys from the AF region with numbers below 50,000 should stop wondering or doubting to weather they will get interviews cos its a bit clear that you guys stand a chance but us having case numbers way beyond 50k we are the ones to be nervous

I think you guys from the AF region with numbers below 50,000 should stop wondering or doubting to weather they will get interviews cos its a bit clear that you guys stand a chance but us having case numbers way beyond 50k we are the ones to be nervous
That true, we have good chance. It's just the timing we are worried about, coz there are things we want to start doing. I wish all the luck I can wish @ jamiechabs

That true, we have good chance. It's just the timing we are worried about, coz there are things we want to start doing. I wish all the luck I can wish @ jamiechabs
thank man just prepare all the necessary documents as soon as u can and then wait for the 2nl

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I should use the address of my employer as I don't know where I'll be living yet.
I am back again. Last time, I mentioned that I would be going to Czech after two months. My employer wants me to get there asap. But the visa process to CZ is not that fast (min. 2 months). To add insult to injury, the lady at the embassy (in Germany) didn't believe that one of my documents isn't as per required (some stamp stuff). She eventually accepted my application, but she is not the one who will make a final call on my application. Anyway, my point is: I started to consider how any negative response from them might affect my choice of interview place.

So, I gotta weigh the risks of choosing the interview place as CZ or DEU. As of DEU, there is no risk at all. The only thing is I have to ask the KCC to change it to CZ, if I move there. On the other hand, selecting CZ now and if I'm not going to get that visa [I don't see any legit reason to reject my application], informing KCC about it would be problematic or at least it needs lots of effort from my side.

I wanna ask you guys, once and for all, which option I should go with. I really appreciate your help!

Best,

p.s. My number is 24***, if it helps to make any judgement.
@SusieQQQ @ZGREAT @Britsimon

Hi guys
i read each page of DV 2015 winners thread they are active
they ask question and they share there interview expriance and all members get visa because they participate actively. So this year DV winners participate actively as much as possible!

@eth37xx . you are right, we have to participate. let's contact for more info through email salelensa@gmail.com
Hi guys
i read each page of DV 2015 winners thread they are active
they ask question and they share there interview expriance and all members get visa because they participate actively. So this year DV winners participate actively as much as possible!

Hi Guys
I am glad joining this forum. I am one of the winner for 2016 DV Lottery and i need your advice.
My case number is AF95xx.
Could please tell me when i will get the 2NL and then interview.
My spouse is pregnant now and we are expecting the child to be born on the beginning of October. please advice me on this case on how to handle the DS260 for the new baby if the 2NL is before and after.

Thank you.