• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian DV 2016 selectee join here

Appreciated bro. One last thing, I have relations residing in the U.S, do they have to fill out any forms such as the Affidavit of Support etc?

i graduated 'high school diploma (12 ) and diploma in clinical nursing before 4 and 6 year respectively ...
on my original entry of dv lottery i filled on education box as 'high school diploma only
also i filled on my ds 260 both
what did you think ???
in america who has high chance of employment ..?? high school diploma (12 ) (vocational college holder)

i graduated 'high school diploma (12 ) and diploma in clinical nursing before 4 and 6 year respectively ...
on my original entry of dv lottery i filled on education box as 'high school diploma only
also i filled on my ds 260 both
what did you think ???
in america who has high chance of employment ..?? high school diploma (12 ) (vocational college holder)

Hi @gaddde, what you did so far regarding the forms is good. The most important minimum requirement to pass your interview is successful completion (passing mark) of 12 grade national exam. Additional diploma or degree is a plus.

Regarding employment, you can use any of your documents or their combination but for now, concentrate on preparation for the interview. Do you know estimation of the month when you expect 2N? Your case number tells this.

my case # is 2016AF11*** i need some clarification about the requirement of evidence of support? like affidavit of support?

my case # is 2016AF11*** i need some clarification about the requirement of evidence of support? like affidavit of support?
Welcome sir

We are happy to have you too

Your interview will be between dec and february so chill and prepare your educational docments

As for AOS its not madatory but good to have it so you can ask your sponser to fill it and send to you after you recive your 2nd NL

Cheers

my. case. no. is. 2016AF00028*** at. what. time. my. interview. will. be. ??
how. long. it. expires. police. certificate. and. medical. certificate. in. Ethiopia. ???
can. the. co. postpone. my. visa. 8. month.or. 1. year if. I. request. in. the. interview

how. long. it. expires. police. certificate. and. medical. certificate. in. Ethiopia. ???
can. the. co. postpone. my. visa. 8. month.or. 1. year if. I. request. in. the. interview
I guess it will be on may or june. Based on last year VB. and you will have 6 monthes based on your medical expiray date.

Good luck

Medicals can usually only be done once you have your intergiew notification.

And no the visa cannot be postponed. It will be issued after the interview (unless you are placed on administrative processing) and will be valid for a maximum of 6 months. If the timing is a problem you can try delay the interview by delaying DS260 submission, but that is a very inexact game to play because you don't know for sure either how long processing takes or when your interview will be - it's all guesswork at the moment.

I have answered "yes" for the question "Have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen?" but i was inside Ethiopia. i go Hawassa for my study and i fill this address for the previous address . is there any problem with this? i hear that this is answered yes if i live outside Ethiopia.

Hi All,

I am one of the selectees of DV-2016. I want to pose a question regarding the DS-260 form.

Currently I live in Germany, but after two months I will be leaving the country to reside in Czech Republic for work. When filling the form NOW, I am not sure which country to choose as my interview place. Even though I know that my interview won't be in Germany as I stated before, as of NOW I feel that I should use Germany and later contact the KCC office to change it to Czech. The other option is to select Czech now because I will eventually carry out the interview there.
What do you think guys? Thanks!
@ZGREAT @SusieQQQ @Britsimon

Best,
Malk

Hi All,

I am one of the selectees of DV-2016. I want to pose a question regarding the DS-260 form.

Currently I live in Germany, but after two months I will be leaving the country to reside in Czech Republic for work. When filling the form NOW, I am not sure which country to choose as my interview place. Even though I know that my interview won't be in Germany as I stated before, as of NOW I feel that I should use Germany and later contact the KCC office to change it to Czech. The other option is to select Czech now because I will eventually carry out the interview there.
What do you think guys? Thanks!
@ZGREAT @SusieQQQ @Britsimon

Best,
Malk

Best to select Czech now, I think. Kcc has been known to mess up on transferring interview locations before. If you need an address in CZ to select that option, just use your future employer's address (assuming you don't know where you'll be living yet).