1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Ethiopian 2018 DV Winners Meet Here!

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by YONI_ETH, May 4, 2017.

1. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

You already have an issue with your case regarding DOB: your birth year is off by one year on your high school certificate, your eDV registration has a wrong date of birth, you got married after your DV selection and you are both living at difference places. Not looking good IMO!

Even if you're able to convince the CO of the genuineness of your marriage, I would expect them to be extremely concerned as to how you intend to live and support yourselves in the US if you both can't even afford to live together in your own country following your wedding.

2. YONI_ETH

YONI_ETH New Member

1. My High-school transcript DOB is fixed and authenticated but my university degree is temporary it doesn't show DOB. The DOB issue still there i have to pay my loans before they consider my case which i can't afford but i will find a way. I have state authenticated birth certificate.

2. My eDV registration I have informed KCC, they have told me only the CO is the one to decide. Only the date is wrong, month and year are correct. I am used to d/m/y I think it got me confused at the time. I wasn't I aware until I tried to login to my D260 then I wrote email to them that I wasn't able to login with screenshot attached they told me it didn't match their record but and added that they can't tell me any more information after trial and error I found out I put it in this order m/m/y.

3. Ethiopian system don't reward educated people that is why we can't afford to live together I have degree with good grades plus international professional certificates from USA IT companies i have worked since i graduated.my profession is high on demand in the USA and i can support myself and wife if i got the chance to live in the states.

4. About the address we will rent condominium. I was saving for entrance payment and medical but I guess I have to find another way our current address will match.

5.i got married because we have been through a lot we have sacrificed a lot to be together living apart 3 to 5 years without guarantee it will be successful or not it will hurt us both so bad I would rather get denied than lose her. We will bring everything proving material we have and we try our very best to correct every material and thank you

@SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom for your advice.

3. YONI_ETH

YONI_ETH New Member

Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?
    ANS:-NO
    I WILL BE GETTING MY MEDICAL DONE BEFORE I HAVE YOUR VISA INTERVIEW.
    is this the correct way to answer this question since i don't have the documentation.

4. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Your response is correct.

afrokume likes this.
  5. afrokume

afrokume New Member

Sm1smom..... i put yes i hope it will not cause problems? i read a lot about documentation vaccination question a lot answer suggest either yes or no is correct ..because we must bring the medical report in any way ..

6. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Yes that is correct, answering yes is technically not wrong since you would have done your medical exam before the interview.

MAKMAD and YONI_ETH like this.
  7. MAKMAD

MAKMAD New Member

Hey GUYS what's your comment regarding the rumors about first VB for DV 2018?

8. LOVEONE

LOVEONE New Member

I don't believe it. I gues Ethiopia's lowest case number for October interview not less than 5,000.

9. MAKMAD

MAKMAD New Member

Wow speculation was true

10. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

It wasn't "speculation", not "rumors" either.

Dunamis likes this.
  11. MAKMAD

MAKMAD New Member

What ever you say simon,am listening and following, thanks!

12. ashe man

ashe man New Member

hello friends, pls help me. I am from Ethiopia. I am new and get confused in filling the ds 260 form regarding
    1. street address
    2. zip codes
    3. am a graduate of physics and a teacher. what shall I fill as my primary occupation
    4. Is your Mailing Address the same as your Present Address?

pls help

Thank you all
    ashe man

13. d09e

d09e New Member

Hi thanks for your wonder full help.

when i filling ds-260 form it says ,highest level of education completed and under the drop down it list

1, high school, no degree
    2, high school diploma
    3, vocational school
    4, university , no degree
    5, university degree
    6, master degree

so my problem is i am 4th year engineering student in wollo university so which one should i choice pleas???
    thank you.