• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

my interview experience is the same with the above winners....so i wanna focus on what i observed during the whole process and specifically on that long day....
-first the whole process takes more than a year. During this time each day u think or browse z internate about this thing. Every news about z USA and immigration makes u nerves. You can't leave or live with it. Every month beginning u watch z VB closely u guess about z next. Every time u hear something new even if u know it is unlikely u become worried.
-until i won z DV i didn't know much about z process. most of z information i know before are erroneous. All z people i talked gives information which is incorrect and exaggerate z interview.
- My interview day and The whole process have something in common. They have both long and boring waiting time but the actual test is simple and easy.
- The CO ask me 3 or 4 simple question -what is ur higher education level? - where is ur sponsor living? - what is ur relationship wz ur sponsor?

I have learn the following from this process....
- it should be good if u would not tell to any body even ur family except if they support u with finance, information or finding sponsor . . why? because most of z people didn't know how long it takes... they nagged u whenever they met u.....they only add a pressure up on u..... if u fail by any reason it become more difficult to bounce back
- don't rush to fill DS-260 form or to start the process....first read all posts and each comments and ask if u have doubt....
- if you didn't fulfill z minimum education requirement or u marry after z e-DV take time to think how to proceed and ask z forum how do u make that....
- Be active participant on the forum....at least press 'like' if u feel u don't have anything to share.

Tank you all u made my visa..... special tanks goes to @Britsimon ....

It's normal to go to AP between interview and 'issued' even when approved.
Dear SusieQQQ,
Tnx for ur reply. My interview was on last Monday June 05,2017. The CO said that "you can collect visa on Tuesday,June 13,2017." The appointment to collect the visa is approaching while the status is still in AP. I think visa issuance becomes late.
Tnx for ur reflection.

Here is my interview experience from Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Case number 2017AF00033***

We have found out that we are selected for the further process on May 8 2016 and before that we have no clue about the process and we went to internet cafes around the embassy just to know what to do next but what we heard at that time where heart breaking the guy who called himself an agent said to us that you have a 50% chance if you have a child! To make it since you don’t have the legalized marriage certificate despite we have the most common way of marriage in our country which is customary and its paper. Return home disappointed, we start looking and searching internet and found out that there are heaven sent peoples like Brit and this form I fill so excited to herd from you that we have the a chance I have found out that I can legalized my customary marriage from the municipality and have all the proof that can show our marriage where genuine. And I start asking so many silly question on this blog nagging you every day I apology for that, then I know I am on the Wright track though I can’t control my nerve, and can’t stop thinking about it for sec .and I have very good comment from brit “step away from the key board and think about something else” and that phrase “we should wait and see” for questions of the VB of every month.

In the mean time we unlocked 3 times because as britsimon always says having accurate DS260 is very important, no matter what even if you think you might delay your interview because delay is better than deny.

Received our 2NL on APR 24 2017 for JUN 8interviw

Document preparation follows including medical (IOM) police certificate, doc authentication for the principal applicant only except for birth and marriage certificate for the beneficiaries

Finally the day has come after the long wait, almost 1 year so long!

Get up in the morning pray and leave as early as possible, when we reach, there are around 20-25 people ahead of us

After sometimes a lady came and divides the queue DV and others, at this time only 15 people ahead of us

We get closer to the get and they give as a folder to make all important docs in order, we provide everything they ask and the give us a paper that declares the fee is not refundable if we are denied with small paper on top of it that shows the returning time in the afternoon 6:00pm

We went to romina café and restaurant and have our breakfast and return 30 min earlier and we pass all the security procedures and inter the gate and have a seat in the waiting area, after around 30 min our name called to window 7 and one very smile Ethiopian gentile men greeted us and ask as three question have you ever been outside from your country for more than a year we said no and this is your first marriage we said yes do you need your interview to be in Amharic we said yes and we gave our finger print and he order us to pay for both of us and return with the recite and we seat and wait for the actual interview

Just after 5-10 min our name called to window 10

The co greeted us and says raise your hand and swears all you said is true and we did

CO-Where and when did you meat

We-*****

CO-how long have you been together?

We-since*****

CO-for me, how old are you

We-*****

CO-you speak good English why in Amharic

We-cause it’s our mother tongue

CO- for my wife, are you student

We-yes

CO-Where

WE-******

CO-when did you get married?

WE-******

CO-do you have a family album

We-yes

CO- select two people randomly and ask me there name

We-answered immediately

CO-where are you working?

WE-******

C O-Do you want to work same job at USA

WE-definitely

CO-Which state you planned to move

WE-Chicago

CO-Who is your sponsor

We-*******

CO-congratulation!!!!! Your visa is approved

WE-thank so much

He gives us the yellow paper and DHL form, that’s it!!!! It’s done I just can’t believe it not more than 2min we are so happy and thank full for you guys you just made our life better it means a lot to us you should be proud for what you are doing my forum families wish you all the best

Some point:-be confident, don’t lye smile all the time, look the co eyes pray, be organized and over prepared you will be fine.

Once again thank you every one for your help we really appreciate it :):)

GUYS WE LOST OUR PASSPORT WHAT SHALL WE DO WE HAVE INTERVIEW VERY SOON. AM CONFUSED WHAT I SHOULD WITH NEW PASSPORT DIFFERENT WITH DS 260?

congrats br
Finally our visa status becomes Issued. Thank you all for everything you gave me for the last 'Heavy Weight Year' but you made us successful. I wish the same to 2018 winners.

Congrats Markos, please pry for us, we will have interview soon.

hi friends Is DHL call me or send message via email to notify my visa is ready for pickup?
They will send you emails. First to let u know ur tracking number . then finally a message that u can pick up your documets.
Lastly notifying you that your visa application has been picked up.

They will send you emails. First to let u know ur tracking number . then finally a message that u can pick up your documets.
Lastly notifying you that your visa application has been picked up.
Thank you very much.
I have received two emails as you said above should I go for pickup? Is there any payment there? fot what tracking number is?