• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hi everyone im winner 2017 but i have problem i cant pass my Eslse 12 grade exam in new curculem but i have passing score for private unverstyes in digree progrm and my score is 289 in the year 2014 plssss tell me my fate in interviwe

You need ELCE with 5 passes or proof of graduation from a 4 year university.. school transcripts must be submitted together wth the certificates.

HI EVERYONE my name in education document is different from dv application document in some vowel. Is this problem?

10&12 what is important is that you have the 12 certificate and the passing mark for grade ten is D for shure and I can't not be certain for the grade 12 but you need five passing mark not the accumulative I think you will be OK with your certificate at hand.
I need help guys , what is ELCE is it for grade 10

What do you mean by vowel?? if you mean by minor spelling difference I think it will be OK and offcourse the final decision will be the COs be Judgmental and think about it carefully.
HI EVERYONE my name in education document is different from dv application document in some vowel. Is this problem?

for example my last name is marege in the education document but in the edv , mareg ....so whats will be problem

for example my last name is marege in the education document but in the edv , mareg ....so whats will be problem

Get an affidavit from a lawyer saying they certify Mareg and Marege is the same person. Take the affidavit together with documents for the interview

hi everyon i face another problem my 1st E-DV entry last name is different from ds260 name by some vowel like "mareg "and "marege".i did this b/c to correcte my name .my passport name is "marege" thats why i did this.pls tell me if these problem for me in the interviee. How can manage this?

Consider Guriix advise and try that if you can but I don't think that will be big issue at the interview since I read same scenarios on previous bache talke a look at 2015 bach roughly

hi everyon i face another problem my 1st E-DV entry last name is different from ds260 name by some vowel like "mareg "and "marege".i did this b/c to correcte my name .my passport name is "marege" thats why i did this.pls tell me if these problem for me in the interviee. How can manage this?

Nothing to worry about really..

The correct name, marege is on your passport,education and DS260 wright? but you just misspeled on your edv if that's the case I think it will be OK though it's better to have sinor advise

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it could be a problem. The instructions are very specific that the eDV entry has to be exactly the same as passport. Things like leaving out a letter or one day difference on date of birth are ways people try to circumvent the one entry per person rule. Not accusing you of doing that, but this is the way a CO might look at it. It will be entirely up to the CO whether to give you the benefit of the doubt. In some countries they are extremely strict on this. If you were in Ghana for example I'd say almost certain denial. Don't know about Ethiopia.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it could be a problem. The instructions are very specific that the eDV entry has to be exactly the same as passport. Things like leaving out a letter or one day difference on date of birth are ways people try to circumvent the one entry per person rule. Not accusing you of doing that, but this is the way a CO might look at it. It will be entirely up to the CO whether to give you the benefit of the doubt. In some countries they are extremely strict on this. If you were in Ghana for example I'd say almost certain denial. Don't know about Ethiopia.
Hello,
I face similar problem. My wife is principal applicant and her father's name is ANELEY which is written like this in every document except in 10th grade certificate as ANILAY. When I talk to education bureau found around St. Marry church said "it doesn't cause a problem. If the embassy has doubt, they will come & check it physically. The major thing is originality of z document, in this case." as they said. Tnx for ur reply.

Hello,
I face similar problem. My wife is principal applicant and her father's name is ANELEY which is written like this in every document except in 10th grade certificate as ANILAY. When I talk to education bureau found around St. Marry church said "it doesn't cause a problem. If the embassy has doubt, they will come & check it physically. The major thing is originality of z document, in this case." as they said. Tnx for ur reply.

It's not a big problem for the education document.
It's a problem when the eDV entry does not match the passport. If your wife's entry and passport are the same, no problem.