• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

what does it mean authenticate documents? and where should i have authenticate my tempo degree?

Hi ruta kebed,
authenticate documents mean the US Embassy has to be sure enough that you are qualified with the procedure set by the law to immigrate to US on DV basis.
it can be on education, which is 12 years of primary and secondary school study and should pass in five courses (you should score at least D) or you have to have
two years of working experience. the embassy can be sure of your documents only if they are authenticated by the MoE and MoFA. further more you have to authenticate
your birth certificate. in MoFA too.

Thank you so
Hi ruta kebed,
authenticate documents mean the US Embassy has to be sure enough that you are qualified with the procedure set by the law to immigrate to US on DV basis.
it can be on education, which is 12 years of primary and secondary school study and should pass in five courses (you should score at least D) or you have to have
two years of working experience. the embassy can be sure of your documents only if they are authenticated by the MoE and MoFA. further more you have to authenticate
your birth certificate. in MoFA too.
Much dear! so should i authenticate from my university?

hello mates, this is my interview experience

CN-90××

Ds submition-june

Interview - April, 10 at 2:30 am

reached to the embassy at 2 am and not surprised to see 2 long lines one being at the gate and another one on the other side of the road. the majority of the applicants were DV selectees. After a long wait on the queue my turn came and i was given a checklist to put the needed documents in. the documents are:

->1nl&2nl
-> passport(with copy)
->medical
->police clearance
->authenticated highschool transcripts+10th&12th national exam certificates(copy of the front page and the back)
->birth certificate +copy(mine is authenticated)
->work experience
i was given back the 2nl from all these documents. i didn't give my degree since it's not required on the checklist. i paid the fee, 7590 br, in the morning(it can also be done in the afternoon). I was to return at 12:30am for the interview. I got back to the embassy at 12am. passed security screening and got seated waiting for my name to be called. it took an hour before i was called at window 5 to give the receipt. there i saw a yellow paper on top of my documents. no less than 35 dv applicants were before me waiting so i had the chance to listen to most of their interviews. all were approved unless for one couple who were put on AP for some reason i don't know and another family of 5 who were denied because the husband didn't include one of his children on the edv form. he started crying and saying things that wouldn't resolve his situation so the security came and took him out with his family. it was touching but rules are rules and he wouldn't have paid that much for an obvious denial if he was lucky to be on this forum or brit simon's.
after 1hour+ waiting finally i was called to window 10, this was the CO i was wishing to make my interview with because he got a lot of sense of humor and makes you feel relaxed. he speaks Amharic quite well and don't let you speak in English even if you want to.

CO: (in Amharic ) "do you swear everything you are going to say is true?"
me:(Amharic )"i do"
CO:(in Amharic ) what is your highest education? "
me:____
CO: (English )"where does your sponsor live?"
me:____
CO:(amharic) "do you have a girlfriend? "
me___
CO:(amharic)"do you intend to mary before you leave?"
me:___
CO:(english) congratulations, your visa is approved!!
me: thank you so very much!!

he said a lot of funny things during this very short interview . he didn't try to trick me into anything. only 4 questions and thats all!!!

->april 11: ceac changed to administrative processing
-> apr. 12- issued

so if you are qualified and have the right documents to demonstrate that, you will make it without a doubt. thanks everyone!!!
and BE HONEST too!!!!

Congratulations and all the best as you prepare for the move.. there are huge Ethiopian population in different areas here..DC, Virginia is the biggest, LA and Atlanta are also big with Ethiopians.. many restaurants and shops too. You'll love it. I shop for shiroo and injera whenever I'm in those cities.. you can even get Kitfo

Hi every one
I have some quation?
1.Have any one authounticate Dgree officeal studenet copy from gov'tal instution ( AAU)

You don't need a degree at the interview, your high school diploma
ds260 sent may 9/16
2NL march 3
interview date April 4 addis abeba ethiopia 2:30 am
documents perpetration:
1)medical kidus yared hospital paid 1800 second round 500 for vaccine(2 photos ,passport copy & appointment letter)
2)police certificate behind immigration(2 photos ,passport copy& 2NL)
3)authentication process a) birth certeficat first kebele then kefle ketema
b) school certeficat 10 & 12 grade national exam 5kilo fetenawoch agency 9-12 grade transcript first at school if it is from(keflehager temehirt biro) university degree first at university after all the above documents need to be authenticated at MOFA in kasanchis.
4)DHL regestration one week before the interview.
document needed at the interview
1.passport(copy)
2.birth certificate(copy)
3.police certificat
4.medical
5.educational documents all that u have above grade9(copy)
6.work experience if there is any(copy)
7 .2ND
8. 1NL
the copys are one for each.
i was there around 6:45 am waited in line gave my documents then get inside to pay 330$ (7590 birr).after they gave me a blue paper to come back @12:30 in the after noon. i came back there were lots off people before me i waited in line then called to window 4 they take my finger print and ask me to wait until my name was called in another window i waited around an an hour after i was called to window 9
co: raise ur right hand and swear…..i did the same
co:are u working or learning………..
co:where did u attend university……..
co:what did u study there……..
co:whose ur sponsor …….
co:are u planing to get marry before u leave…………
congratulation after he give me a yellow peper and told me to pay before i leave the country so this was my interview experience hope it will help u since urs helped me so much.

Congratulations.. You'll love it here. Where are you moving to?

Congratulations and all the best as you prepare for the move.. there are huge Ethiopian population in different areas here..DC, Virginia is the biggest, LA and Atlanta are also big with Ethiopians.. many restaurants and shops too. You'll love it. I shop for shiroo and injera whenever I'm in those cities.. you can even get Kitfo

There seems to be a sizable community in Oakland too - not sure of the size but there's an Ethiopian cultural and community center there so I imagine it's fairly big? Also the shops etc.

There seems to be a sizable community in Oakland too - not sure of the size but there's an Ethiopian cultural and community center there so I imagine it's fairly big? Also the shops etc.

I didn't know about Oakland but I know LA has a little Addis Ababa area and Ethiopian Airlines serves LAX via Dublin

Thank you so

Much dear! so should i authenticate from my university?

well, i think it is not must to authenticate university certificates. Some people however say "if if you have said i have degree or MA in the eDV the Co may ask you to show the certificate". However as some of the forum mates mentioned from their experience, there is no mention of university documents from the list in the 'folder' that the ladies ask you to file in the embassy.

personally, i believe authenticating your documents will help you after your move, like job search or pursuing your education. so, if it is convenient for you do it. if not, not must.

well, i think it is not must to authenticate university certificates. Some people however say "if if you have said i have degree or MA in the eDV the Co may ask you to show the certificate". However as some of the forum mates mentioned from their experience, there is no mention of university documents from the list in the 'folder' that the ladies ask you to file in the embassy.

personally, i believe authenticating your documents will help you after your move, like job search or pursuing your education. so, if it is convenient for you do it. if not, not must.
Thank you so much ayub

every one
Greetings!!

Vacation is over get back to reality and need quick help what are the steps to authenticate birth & merage certificate

thanks!

every one
Greetings!!

Vacation is over get back to reality and need quick help what are the steps to authenticate birth & merage certificate

thanks!
I don't know about marriage certificate but I had my birth certificate authenticated at my sub-city vital events registration office .
And don't forget to authenticate at MoFA

We checked our email and found out we have an inbox that has a link which leads us to ESC status checking page and try to submit it filling all the necessary information unfortunately we can't becouse it sayes it has error on your CN and it must be include 16 characterstics while our CN has only 14 what should we do,