• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

Greetings every one

ohh my GOD what a week for the whole world in general and for DV 2017 winers in specific! its just crazy to see things happen by this speed, and thank GOD at least its not "game over" we still have a hope both for the 7 cantery and for the rest

1)what impact does it have for the next VB offcours we just have to wait and see but let's talk about it,please please share your opinion ladies and jentelmen

2)did Donald trump or his admins ever mentioned about DV?

3)from the 7 country's 3 of them are from AF region in what way do you think KCC and embassys handel this case until the ban is lifted

Thank you so much all!!

Last edited:
Dear lula 99 how have you been did you make your self ready we all wish you the best and hopefully you will be the first one to share interview experience this year at this forem GOD bless you I personally can't wait to hear from you:)good luck budy!
Hello every one my interview is on Feb 6,i have finished all document preparations as well as medical and police certificate

I filled my ds 260 saying I have 12 grade certificate but I had a degree.i haven't received my original degree that's why I didn't fill it in z ds 260.

I have temporary papers, letters of recommendation and internship papers so my question is:
1.should I take my degree to the interview
2.does this cause any problems in acquiring Z visa

Thank you

Last edited:
Greetings every one

ohh my GOD what a week for the whole world in general and for DV 2017 winers in specific! its just crazy to see things happen by this speed, and thank GOD at least its not "game over" we still have a hope both for the 7 cantery and for the rest

1)what impact does it have for the next VB offcours we just have to wait and see but let's talk about it,please please share your opinion ladies and jentelmen

2)did Donald trump or his admins ever mentioned about DV?

3)from the 7 country's 3 of them are from AF region in what way do you think KCC and embassys handel this case until the ban is lifted

Thank you so much all!!

I personally don't expect a significant change in pace of the AF VB resulting from the trump ban..
and yes I remember reading a post on daily mail about Trump's plan to discard DV lottery. And don't forget that there have been some previous trials made in the congress by republicans to end the DV...

do you think trump discarding plan will be immediate, can it be implemented on this year?

did you hear the rumer that visa for Ethiopia is limetted only for 100 persons?

I personally don't expect a significant change in pace of the AF VB resulting from the trump ban..
and yes I remember reading a post on daily mail about Trump's plan to discard DV lottery. And don't forget that there have been some previous trials made in the congress by republicans to end the DV...

do you think trump discarding plan will be immediate, can it be implemented on this year?

did you hear the rumer that visa for Ethiopia is limetted only for 100 persons?

I don't know that much about the system but I don't think
the president can simply discard something that's on the law. the authority of making/changing laws generally goes to the legislative, that is, senators+representatives(congress).

the Diversity Visa is provided in the immigration act . So it's not something that a president would just step up and discard it if he/she feels like doing so!!

regarding that "limitation" thing, I know that the rule says no country can get more that 7% of the total number diversity visas available.
if we say the total number of visas is 50,000, then 7% of 50,000=3,500
So why would our country be limited to any number below 3500?
so the "limitation to '100' visas" is a joke.

Hello every one my interview is on Feb 6,i have finished all document preparations as well as medical and police certificate

I filled my ds 260 saying I have 12 grade certificate but I had a degree.i haven't received my original degree that's why I didn't fill it in z ds 260.

I have temporary papers, letters of recommendation and internship papers so my question is:
1.should I take my degree to the interview
2.does this cause any problems in acquiring Z visa

Thank you

DEAR LULA99, BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR INTERVIEW.

HAVE YOUR SAY ON YOUR EXPERIENCE.

on previous year historic VB starting from this month VB(march) the exception for Egypt and Ethiopia were excluded and included on the region AF

1) do we have any propability that same could happen this year?

2)inormus change for AF region 34000,is this because of the currently situation

Thank you!

Last edited:
on previous year historic VB starting from this month VB(march) the exception for Egypt and Ethiopia were excluded and included on the region AF

1) do we have any propability that same could happen this year?

Thank you!

March VB just came out, and IMO there's no point speculating on what the number will be for April. So wait and see is my response.

hi i am also winner and i am from Addis. and i am second year student at Adama University. i am now authenticating my files so i like u people to answer some question.
I have already authenticated my 8,10,12 national certificates at the minster of foreign Affair . but need to known that i need to authenticate the following documents to at MOFA
1. school transcript (9-12)(detail )
2.university grade report of last 2 year only (detail )
3. birth certificate

hi i am also winner and i am from Addis. and i am second year student at Adama University. i am now authenticating my files so i like u people to answer some question.
I have already authenticated my 8,10,12 national certificates at the minster of foreign Affair . but need to known that i need to authenticate the following documents to at MOFA
1. school transcript (9-12)(detail )
2.university grade report of last 2 year only (detail )
3. birth certificate

welcome, leul.
in my opinion,
1. authenticating grade 8 certificate was not necessary, but you have already done that. (for others, i believe it shouldn't a concern)
2. national exam certificates for grade 10 and 12 should be enough. so no need to authenticate transcripts.
3. since you haven't graduated from university i don't see the reason to authenticating grade reports.
4. birth certificate should be authenticated.

hellow every one my case number is 2017AF00039XXX. i had submite DV-260 on september 21 am still waiting for VB so is there any one still waiting for VB