• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

9***... well not that low, but having seen the previous years ' VB's and DS processing time, I was made to believe I would be interviewed in Dec, or if not Jan. without a doubt. ... and "fortunately" that didn't happen....

9***... well not that low, but having seen the previous years ' VB's and DS processing time, I was made to believe I would be interviewed in Dec, or if not Jan. without a doubt. ... and "fortunately" that didn't happen....
So are you waiting for 2nl this month

dear mates, talking about this LTB,
so it is vety common in africa, and many people are very likely to be infectex with. do you think it is good idea to have medical chech up and get treatment if u are found to be positive? especially those with high cn, as some of u said it takes longer to be treated and longer AP is so bad.

dear mates, talking about this LTB,
so it is vety common in africa, and many people are very likely to be infectex with. do you think it is good idea to have medical chech up and get treatment if u are found to be positive? especially those with high cn, as some of u said it takes longer to be treated and longer AP is so bad.
LTB doesn't not necessarily mean you are infective or you will be on AP, as long as it is non infectious it shouldn't be a problem.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latent_tuberculosis

hello FIKERWA, there are many dv selectees who don't know this forum. so i think it is very unlikely to get data like yours.
it would be great if many knew about it. it is really informative.

the 2015 batch was even great, as it have had great (all time great) members like ZGREAT.

bzw, i believe there are some who know this forum, but not members. it would be cool if everyone who knows contributes something.
esp those who have done their interview.

Hi all!
I am one of Dv2017 selectees with case number 2017AF00027*** . I went to Ethiopia in October and got my police certificate. I currently live abroad and planning to do the interview here. My questions are,
1. Do you think the police certificate obtained in last October will still be valid?
2. Will it be advantageous if I change the interview location to Ethiopia?
Many thanks!

Hi all!
I am one of Dv2017 selectees with case number 2017AF00027*** . I went to Ethiopia in October and got my police certificate. I currently live abroad and planning to do the interview here. My questions are,
1. Do you think the police certificate obtained in last October will still be valid?
2. Will it be advantageous if I change the interview location to Ethiopia?
Many thanks!
Hi!

Police certificate must be obtained when you receive your 2nd nl, as long as you fulfil all the required documents and you are legally residing abroad it does not make a difference.

Hi!

Police certificate must be obtained when you receive your 2nd nl, as long as you fulfil all the required documents and you are legally residing abroad it does not make a difference.
Thanks ZGREAT!
About the police certificate, I will ask for a recent one from my current city. But I was thinking of the police certificate from Ethiopia to be valid for one year.
I read this from the department of state website.
Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

so I will contact the Ethiopian Embassy for a recent police certificate after I receive the 2nl. But I am not sure that it will be ready with in the interview date.
    Thanks again!

Thanks ZGREAT!
About the police certificate, I will ask for a recent one from my current city. But I was thinking of the police certificate from Ethiopia to be valid for one year.
I read this from the department of state website.
Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

so I will contact the Ethiopian Embassy for a recent police certificate after I receive the 2nl. But I am not sure that it will be ready with in the interview date.
    Thanks again!
How did you get the police certificate you have in hand?

They need to write a police certificate to "American embassy " to do so they need the 2nd nl. Attached to the certificate. You should contact the forensic office behind immigration office and find out more details.

How did you get the police certificate you have in hand?

They need to write a police certificate to "American embassy " to do so they need the 2nd nl. Attached to the certificate. You should contact the forensic office behind immigration office and find out more details.

I Just informed them that I needed it for Diversity Visa case mentioning that I live abroad , fortunately they were Okay with the Selection Notification letter (1NL). They wrote it to "American Embassy". The country name is not mentioned.

I Just informed them that I needed it for Diversity Visa case mentioning that I live abroad , fortunately they were Okay with the Selection Notification letter (1NL). They wrote it to "American Embassy". The country name is not mentioned.
That's strange but in that case you should be okay.

Dears

Greetings!!

1)is it possible to have I-134 from some one else beside your host

2)for our single applicants,is it necessary to bring picture's with family to show at the interview? from previous experience?

3)did US embassy ADDIS stiil let the applicant to pay 330$ first and follow the derivative if successful or all pay for all at once and went to the interview?

Best regards//

Dears

Greetings!!

1)is it possible to have I-134 from some one else beside your host

2)for our single applicants,is it necessary to bring picture's with family to show at the interview? from previous experience?

3)did US embassy ADDIS stiil let the applicant to pay 330$ first and follow the derivative if successful or all pay for all at once and went to the interview?

Best regards//

The combination of your 2nd and 3rd questions confuses me. Are you single, or not?

It's entirely up to you if you want derivatives to follow later. The fee is paid when they go for interview. Bear in mind that if the process is not completed before the end of the fiscal year, they cannot come as DV derivatives but you would have to sponsor them as immediate relatives from the US, which is longer, more expensive and more complicated process.

You can have an I134 from someone besides your host, though the embassy will probably want to know what relationship you have with the person providing it.

Dear forum mates,

Dear Britsimon,

CN25***, waiting for 2nl for April or May interview, (my guess), correct me if i am wrong. i am working in private company
at the moment and my company wants me to travel to Dubai in February. obviously my ds260 has to be unlocked and travel history has to be
updated.

MY QUESTIONS
1. do i have to cancel my flight plan to Dubai or should i go as planned?
2. do you think Dubai (UAE) is among the countries with security risk or uncooperative governments that can cause delay for background check if ds is unlocked and updated?
3. What do you think I should do if my CN is current before my travel, as britsimon says updating after scheduled is impossible?
Thank you a lot

Dera Susie l am a happily married person:)but the question is for our single memberes, in previous experience I read that some of single applicants asked pictures if I am not mistaken and I also read us embassy ADDIS used to collect the applicant fee first and if visa granted the derivatives follows, are they still follow same procedure? if the income of your host is not sufficient to send you I-134 can you ask some one else keeping your first sponser as a host thanks for your answer.
The combination of your 2nd and 3rd questions confuses me. Are you single, or not?

It's entirely up to you if you want derivatives to follow later. The fee is paid when they go for interview. Bear in mind that if the process is not completed before the end of the fiscal year, they cannot come as DV derivatives but you would have to sponsor them as immediate relatives from the US, which is longer, more expensive and more complicated process.

You can have an I134 from someone besides your host, though the embassy will probably want to know what relationship you have with the person providing it.

Dera Susie l am a happily married person:)but the question is for our single memberes, in previous experience I read that some of single applicants asked pictures if I am not mistaken and I also read us embassy ADDIS used to collect the applicant fee first and if visa granted the derivatives follows, are they still follow same procedure? if the income of your host is not sufficient to send you I-134 can you ask some one else keeping your first sponser as a host thanks for your answer.

i don't think they normally ask singles for family photos, but who knows, if they feel suspicious about the case, like if the person is, say 50 years old, and is single, it might happen...

and I think it would be a little unfair to ask for interview fees for each person in a family of 5, for example,for a case they clearly know they are going to disqualify...i don't think they usually do that.

PS- anybody can correct me for what i just said!!