• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

For those who got your visa anf planning to go to USA pls book your flight as early as possible .There is a big difference on the amount of money when you book early.
There is also big money difference b/n d/t airlines
Hi abcdefg, thanks for the reminder. Where shall I begin? Can you name the airlines you found with reasonable price.

Hi abcdefg, thanks for the reminder. Where shall I begin? Can you name the airlines you found with reasonable price.
Hi mb1xxx, if u do ur medical at IOM they have one office there who do facilitate cheap flight arrangement especially for dv winners.

Hi mb1xxx, if u do ur medical at IOM they have one office there who do facilitate cheap flight arrangement especially for dv winners.
or u can call and check either of these telephones
TEL: +251-11-661-11-75/17/28/71, +251-11-661-1475/77
+251-11-661-11-66 EXT 116, +251-11-661-1096/97/98

btw here is great advice abt booking from Ormonia

Ticket shopping
It would be in your favor if you plan to buy your ticket 3-4 weeks before your intended departure date. Don't rely on the quote you see on websites. Go yourself to the ticket offices and see what they offer. It really differ from one agent to the other even if your are asking for the same airline. Learn to yourself which month cost high and which less, even the day of the weeks matter in your ticket shopping. Know which airlines have the direct flights or connection flights to your destination. If you are alone you will save some money by flying a connected flight than direct. If you are with kids go for the direct flight to skip the discomfort you will experience when your kids get bored and tiered by the 19 plus hours flight. Don't rush to cash out and buy the ticket the same day your get the quote, just make the booking and got home. In case you change your mind you won't regret. If you already bought your ticket and want to change the departure date it cost you something like $150

or u can call and check either of these telephones
TEL: +251-11-661-11-75/17/28/71, +251-11-661-1475/77
+251-11-661-11-66 EXT 116, +251-11-661-1096/97/98
Thanks Rolex, I will check on the numbers. Regarding IOM, do you mean they serve only those who did their Medical with them? We did our medical at St. Yared but we were also sent to IOM to do under skin TB test for my small girl who is under age for x-ray.

Thanks Rolex, I will check on the numbers. Regarding IOM, do you mean they serve only those who did their Medical with them? We did our medical at St. Yared but we were also sent to IOM to do under skin TB test for my small girl who is under age for x-ray.
Ya mb1xxx, if u check Ethiopian 2014 thread I read such arrangement option from one of the forum mate, I mean not actually themselves will do such arrangement but I think they might have contact person from one of z travel agent for dv winners.

Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding documents of the derivatives. Do we need to authenticate my wife documents, like grade 10 certificate, birth certificates. Generally what kind of documents do we need to authenticate for the derivatives. I think if the ones who already had the interview could give us some opinion please.
i did my interview on november 13 and my visa application is approved for all my families. u need to authenticate only the principal applicant education document.

Glory be to God:I have a while ago(4hrs) landed in New Jersey and am taking my first meal in the USA:
All will be well guys-
That is wonderful. Wish you a pleasant and cool settlement. Simon, can you give us some narrations about what happened at your first arrival airport with the immigration officer. This information will enhance our experience. Thanks.

cut off number for feb. is 9000 for ethiopian but till no one get the 2L for january. What is going on in KCC?
Dear @feth, the cut off for February is not known yet. If you are talking about January, it is 12,000. (9,000 is the cut off for December.)
As I review the last month's pattern, our guys received their 2NL after 23rd of October. I hope it is gonna be released same way. May be from Monday onwards.

Last edited:
True:A big one:I made reservation 6 weeks before my Interview and I paid less compared to those who booked late but traveled on the same plane and destination.
I have also reserved for my family who will be traveling on 25th February 2015(kenya callendar) and the fare to New Jersey was reserved based on current rates

Ya mb1xxx, if u check Ethiopian 2014 thread I read such arrangement option from one of the forum mate, I mean not actually themselves will do such arrangement but I think they might have contact person from one of z travel agent for dv winners.
IOM are open to serve all humanity regardless of... But They only book ONE WAY- that's the info I have and know.
They are the best