• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

these are the documents you need to present at the time of the interview.
1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
a. 10th grade and 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) OR 10+3 completion document. which ever applies to you ( authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education)
b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
c. work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
9. 330 USD.
Good News!! Just got my appointment for mid of November. My Number is 2015AF00001*** I submitted the DS260 form in the first week of June. What is next? Medical, Police, Credentials, ... any particular link I should read for specifics please?

these are the documents you need to present at the time of the interview.
1. original passport and its copy( the first two pages)
2. two photographs (see photograph requirement)
3. selection notification letter & interview appointment letter
4. original birth certificate and its copy
5. original marriage certificate with two copies
6. police certificate from Ethiopia (original only)
7. police certificate outside of Ethiopia (if you lived outside of Ethiopia for more than one year)
8. DV qualifying education documents ( copy of the front and back pages)
a. 10th grade and 12th grade( EGSLCE & ESLCE) OR 10+3 completion document. which ever applies to you ( authenticated by the ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education)
b. original high school transcript and its copy( no authentication required)
c. work experience ( if you qualify with work experience)
9. 330 USD.

me too 2015af000004**
o

Good News!! Just got my appointment for mid of November. My Number is 2015AF00001*** I submitted the DS260 form in the first week of June. What is next? Medical, Police, Credentials, ... any particular link I should read for specifics please?

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...visa/interview/prepare-for-the-interview.html

Also, choose your interview place (Addis Ababa, if in Ethiopia) on the page to check the specific additional instructions from the pdf files .
Good luck !

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...visa/interview/prepare-for-the-interview.html

Also, choose your interview place (Addis Ababa, if in Ethiopia) on the page to check the specific additional instructions from the pdf files .
Good luck !

Thank you EthSelam. I am really happy as things are back in track now. As new member of this forum I have gone through all the pages to learn about the process. I have one outstanding concern which I would like to share and may be someone can help.
My son is attending 12 grade. The national exam for grade 12 is usually in May. If I get my visa as per the current schedule (in November), the six months will end in April before the exam. Any idea from any one here about this constraint? Is the system in the embassy open for negotiation about the time when I want the visa in the year? Thanks.

Thank you EthSelam. I am really happy as things are back in track now. As new member of this forum I have gone through all the pages to learn about the process. I have one outstanding concern which I would like to share and may be someone can help.
My son is attending 12 grade. The national exam for grade 12 is usually in May. If I get my visa as per the current schedule (in November), the six months will end in April before the exam. Any idea from any one here about this constraint? Is the system in the embassy open for negotiation about the time when I want the visa in the year? Thanks.

Hi,
No, they are not open as to when you get the visa. You can try game the system - have a missing document that you only submit a month later, for example. Your visas will not get issued until they have all the required documents. Your other option, if you can afford it, is to go to the US to activate the visa, then go back home to write the exam, and then enter for good after that.

(Caveat: the missing document trick worked for me, and I am only suggesting it for you because you have a low case number and early interview. People doing this in the late stages of DV2014 have sometimes lost their visas as a result as they started running out of visas.)

If you need to delay things - then delay your interview. Susie explains one way to do it - the other way is to re-arrange the appointment with the embassy. Again - not every embassy "allows" this and there is some risk involved, but given that it is so early in the year this risk is minimal.

Hi,
No, they are not open as to when you get the visa. You can try game the system - have a missing document that you only submit a month later, for example. Your visas will not get issued until they have all the required documents. Your other option, if you can afford it, is to go to the US to activate the visa, then go back home to write the exam, and then enter for good after that.

(Caveat: the missing document trick worked for me, and I am only suggesting it for you because you have a low case number and early interview. People doing this in the late stages of DV2014 have sometimes lost their visas as a result as they started running out of visas.)

Thanks. If I choose the option of coming back home for the exam, can you estimate how long it may take for activation of the visa after arrival (months, weeks, days)?

Thanks. If I choose the option of coming back home for the exam, can you estimate how long it may take for activation of the visa after arrival (months, weeks, days)?

Your LPR status is activated upon arrival the moment you're done with immigration at your POE, and you may get on the very next available flight back home if you wish.

Your LPR status is activated upon arrival the moment you're done with immigration at your POE, and you may get on the very next available flight back home if you wish.[/Q
Your LPR status is activated upon arrival the moment you're done with immigration at your POE, and you may get on the very next available flight back home if you wish.

Thank you Sm1smon! This information is extremely important for my planning.

I don't understand , I think u r the one who won the lot, so what is got to do with your son being taking 12ths grade exam in may? susis , bristsimon sim1sim is there any thing I did not about the process?

MB1 does not want to take his son out of school during the last few months leading up to the 12th grade. It is clear - isn't it?

MB1 does not want to take his son out of school during the last few months leading up to the 12th grade. It is clear - isn't it?
Yap I got now, if he got the visa with his son on November, then six months from November is May the visa validity might be at ….
Ya I got it , a good point.

Hi Zimbabwe.. Let a Ghanaian brother interrupt your convo haha ;);) DV2015 selectee and interview just around the corner. Not a bad time to make friends from Southern Africa. Greetings from Accra

ETHIOPIAN , NOT ZIMBABWE, hi ur case # is too low ,
how does it feel being scheduled for interview at the first day of their fiscal year ? probably u will be the first one to inform us good news, which u luck and all best, hope you will share us ur interview details from accra

regards
rolex123

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Congrats for those who got the 2NL. Wish you all selectees for a successful interview!!! I hope I will get mine soon too

S

Sure brother and congratulation for your 2nl in ADVANCE (December)
Dear Simon,
I am sorry mine will be around March/April, if everything goes like last year. My CN is 2015AF26XXX. Anyways, thnx for your wish. Hopefully it will be true soon. Let us congrats the ones who already got thier 2nd NL