• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Dear @ZGREAT and @MB1xxx
I need your kind advice , how do you manage creating USCIS account for immigration fee?
I informed our host to creat for us and do the payment, but our concern is which mail he should use as uscis id ? will it possible to use his email or mine, if he used mine i have concern over privacy , if he used his will not be a problem for him if he has uscis account already .
Please share us your exprience.
Thanks

Dear @ZGREAT and @MB1xxx
I need your kind advice , how do you manage creating USCIS account for immigration fee?
I informed our host to creat for us and do the payment, but our concern is which mail he should use as uscis id ? will it possible to use his email or mine, if he used mine i have concern over privacy , if he used his will not be a problem for him if he has uscis account already .
Please share us your exprience.
Thanks
Dear @rolex123, regarding USCIS registration, @ZGREAT or someone who used sponsor for the payment may come in for details because, in our case, I did it myself from here and so it was not that complicated. My suggestion for you is that your sponsor should use your email that is in use for all your DV communication with the Kentucky office. Actually your sponsor doesn't need your password (means no worries for privacy) as long as you stay online and forward him the so called "Security PIN", a new 7 digit number you will receive on your email every time he/you want to log in to USCIS even after payment is completed. Note that the Security PIN is not a permanent number, it will be sent to your email and is asked by the USCIS system for every log in session.

thank you so much, some how we are managing as per your suggestion ( awesome @MB1xxx) we almost half way to end the registration process and payment .
But just clear out the whole all thing:
-i am using my sister in law account , it is not the one i put on ds-260 name, will it be any prolbem ?
- another on step 15 when we enter information for the payment , we are not sure which one we need to put on ACCOUNT HOLLDER NAME , would you please kindly say your inputs for the above doubts .
thanks

For those traveling, check Qatar Airways. They have better prices than Emirates usually. I used it when I traveled, and my sister just came on it a couple of days ago. It's cheaper by $100-150 usually. I think my flight cost something like $470 but it was outside the peak season. Peak season will be more.

You can book online and pay in person.

IS a student copy required authontication or only origional degree &diploma ....
Not needed , besides it won't be authonticated in ethiopia .
Though it was not requested during my interview original copy is sufficient .

I just forgot where to take my 10 and 12th ESLC grade report first for authentication : is it to school or MOE
First go to one MoE office located infront of saint marry church around amist kilo ( usually they will receive the request in the morning and return certified document in the afternoon )
then MoFa around kasanchis

10q rolex, last question; do I need to take municipality authenticated birth certificate to MOFA for final authentication?

thank you so much, some how we are managing as per your suggestion ( awesome @MB1xxx) we almost half way to end the registration process and payment .
But just clear out the whole all thing:
-i am using my sister in law account , it is not the one i put on ds-260 name, will it be any prolbem ?
- another on step 15 when we enter information for the payment , we are not sure which one we need to put on ACCOUNT HOLLDER NAME , would you please kindly say your inputs for the above doubts .
thanks
Hi @rolex123, I am happy you are con the way to completing the payment. If I am not too late, here is my answer to your questions:
- We usually say paying through sponsor but in reality any one who has any of those bank cards (debit/credit) valid internationally (visa, master ...) can pay for you.
- CARD HOLDER NAME and ADDRESS must be that of the holder of the card, otherwise, naturally the payment can not be effected even with slight mistakes.

Hi @rolex123, I am happy you are con the way to completing the payment. If I am not too late, here is my answer to your questions:
- We usually say paying through sponsor but in reality any one who has any of those bank cards (debit/credit) valid internationally (visa, master ...) can pay for you.
- CARD HOLDER NAME and ADDRESS must be that of the holder of the card, otherwise, naturally the payment can not be effected even with slight mistakes.
Thanks @MB1xxx , just one minor doubt , on filling up stage of immigrants informtion above Alien # , i put the informational like this

Last Name : grand father name
First Name : i put given name on my passport (my name followed by father name )
Middle Name : I chose N/A

your kind comment on this
Thanks

Dear mates
How much dollars allowed to buy and buying rates from commercial bank ethiopia these days ?
And how's buying process ?
thanks

They will sell u from $1000 to $3000 and ur required to bring ur visa passport & air thicket & appreciated to have account there . todays saling rate is about 20:7×××

Thanks @MB1xxx , just one minor doubt , on filling up stage of immigrants informtion above Alien # , i put the informational like this

Last Name : grand father name
First Name : i put given name on my passport (my name followed by father name )
Middle Name : I chose N/A

your kind comment on this
Thanks
Yes @rolex123 that is what I exactly did.

Dear all
If you have bank account at dashen bank they will give you 4,000usd per adult and 2,000per child.
I just managed to get 8,000usd right now for me and my spouse, and infor us to collect the remaining 2,000usd on tuesday.(selling rate 20.7897birr/usd)
Location dashen bank forex office is around lancha adjacent to Garad building .

Last edited: