• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

latent tb doesnt require culture as far as a person has no symptom,If the person has no symptom one can't even find a sample to culture. For your amazement 2/3 of the world population has latent tb, but this doesnt mean they are diseased. Being a graduating medical student, i encounter tb cases daily and know who needs culture and who dont
dear Ab I am already graduated and even teaching medical courses in which I have to read every day to update myself and I have been to IOM quite reptedly , whether it is active or latent TB if the applicant has the scars on the cxray he will do culture test : it doesn't depend on being symptomatic or asymptomatic ; it is kind of a rule for immigration ; and that figure is for developing countries not the global number

sorry for the mistake the figure is 1/3 and britismon i will graduate a couple of mths later.Doing culture for latent tb and old lung scar in asymptomatic person i wonder how many of them become culture positive. my assumption is nill, and let us say culture is positive, what is the next step? it is treatment with isoniazide or combination anti tb drugs for 6mth which put a person to Ap till the end of treatment and this puts people interviewed after march at risk of losing visa

Yes
sorry for the mistake the figure is 1/3 and britismon i will graduate a couple of mths later.Doing culture for latent tb and old lung scar in asymptomatic person i wonder how many of them become culture positive. my assumption is nill, and let us say culture is positive, what is the next step? it is treatment with isoniazide or combination anti tb drugs for 6mth which put a person to Ap till the end of treatment and this puts people interviewed after march at risk of losing visa
Usually the culture test turns out to be negative and Yes they will receive treatment and once they are non infectious they will receive the visa they have a Dot clinic at IOM for that purpose

hello friends! I was discussing my sister's case here in the forum and you guys were so helpful. after providing the AoS to the US Embassy in the UAE, She's been granted the visa! :) and now, she really wanted to do one thing before leaving. ..tie the knot with a long time friend. sice they are going to be separated for a long time, she wanted to do that and reunion there after couple of years. the thing is, is it not advisable or is it going to be not acceptable if she do that here before she go? thanks.

hello friends! I was discussing my sister's case here in the forum and you guys were so helpful. after providing the AoS to the US Embassy in the UAE, She's been granted the visa! :) and now, she really wanted to do one thing before leaving. ..tie the knot with a long time friend. sice they are going to be separated for a long time, she wanted to do that and reunion there after couple of years. the thing is, is it not advisable or is it going to be not acceptable if she do that here before she go? thanks.
Wow congrats syda

There is no problem to marry after visa issuance as long as she is applying for her husband after she become an LPR , the process is a little long and costy though

Glad that got sorted out.

About the marriage. Technically yes it can be done, but you need to caution her. If this is just a friend, a good one, but a friend, not a true love, then she will be risking her GC in applying for a GC for someone when the marriage is not genuine. People who get married aren't usually ok with immediately being apart for two years while paperwork is done, and the whole thing would look like a sham. Not a good idea at all.

There have been cases in the past of people missing out on a visa because TB treatment has not been completed before the end of the fiscal year. It is one of the risks of a higher case number for people who come from areas where TB is prevalent.

how do IOM check for latent tb, is it by doing skin test? those of you who have undergone medical exam. can help me clarify this thing

Wow congrats syda

There is no problem to marry after visa issuance as long as she is applying for her husband after she become an LPR , the process is a little long and costy though

thanks! ZGREAT and Britsimon. they have been in relationship for long it's just they don't want to get married before the visa issuance not to complete things so it's genuine :) in case you know about it, to the maximum, how long do you think it would take till he (husband) make it there if she apply and start the process there imminently when she is illegible to do so?

in that case only those who have old scar or active lesion will be candidate for culture or other further investigation

in that case only those who have old scar or active lesion will be candidate for culture or other further investigation
We are talking about people who have scar on the chest X ray whether active or latent if they have the scars they will do culture test !

THESE IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE FOR GOD'S SAKE !!

thanks! ZGREAT and Britsimon. they have been in relationship for long it's just they don't want to get married before the visa issuance not to complete things so it's genuine :) in case you know about it, to the maximum, how long do you think it would take till he (husband) make it there if she apply and start the process there imminently when she is illegible to do so?

If it is a real relationship, she is making a bad decision by not marrying now. It takes about 2 years and is aore expensive route. The fact that she has NOT done this through DV will probably cause doubt about the marriage, because someone in that situation would want to avoid being apart for that time.

She made a big mistake by not getting married prior to her interview and including him as her husband - that would have been the easiest and cheapest route of getting the visa.

Now the law does allow for a person that's been issued with an IV who gets married before making the initial/activation trip to the U.S. to go back to the embassy and request a visa for the spouse. However, this is not as straightforward as it may sound. This involves getting married, contacting the embassy to inform them she's married and getting them to issue him with whatever document he needs to complete his medical exam and the embassy being able to schedule hi. For an interview in less than (6 months) which is the expiry date of her own visa. The relationship will still be closely scrutinized at the time of the interview just to ensure its not a sham/or GC based marriage.

The other alternative would be for her to file for him after she gets to the US. In order to sponsor a spouse from the US, she will need to be earning enough income to support both of them (or have someone else in the US who is willing to co-sign the required affidavit of support). The whole process could take up to 2 years before he's able to join her in the US.

We are talking about people who have scar on the chest X ray whether active or latent if they have the scars they will do culture test !

THESE IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE FOR GOD'S SAKE !!
i understand , by theway z great, what are ur plans of work in us? are u going to be engaged in jobs related to ur field (health science). i have done some googling in health related job opportunities and most require a training and certificate granted their in usa

Yes I am hoping so , it's usually a single written exam to get you licenced and BINGO you will Work as a health professional :D:D
i understand , by theway z great, what are ur plans of work in us? are u going to be engaged in jobs related to ur field (health science). i have done some googling in health related job opportunities and most require a training and certificate granted their in usa

@Ahadu , no problem , you or your sponsor can get this form through this link http://www.uscis.gov/i-134 both the form and instruction of 1-134,
but the person who is going to fill this form is legally permanent resident in USA either your relative or close friend who is willing to fill up the form and send to you with all necessary document .
regards
rolex123
is it possible if he can send me with my email address or there is another way to send to me?

It Is recommended to have the original paper sent via regular mail like DHL OR EMS but if it is not possible I think the scanned copy will be alright

is it possible if he can send me with my email address or there is another way to send to me?