• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Oh. Thank God. That is great news to hear.
One thing i need to remind again and one question...
I don't know if I'm over concerned. I was reading the following page.
Www.travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html
It says
When You Should Travel - You must arrive and apply for admission in the United States
no later than the visa expiration date printed on your visa. An immigrant visa is usually valid for up to six months from the
date of issuance unless your medical examination expires sooner , which may make your visa valid for less than six months.
Please check on this page one more time.
The second question is, what is the small coupon attached to copies of your passports?
@God-Is-Love concern is really appreciated Sis. @MB1xxx please go through the link she posted http://www.travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html which really needs your attention .
regards

Great, so you understand the issue precisely and I am sure you will pay attention to the visa expiry date. Fingers crossed.
Does it mean the embassy considers medical expiration date when they print the visa? Or they just put 6months period from the issuance date?

They take account the medical expiry date (IF there is one) and adjust the visa expiration date.

I'm not sure about DV medical expiration date, but i found the following for Refugee/Asylee following-to-join family members at
www.ethiopia.usembassy.gov/mobile//visas/refugee/asylee-families.html
it says -
Medical examinations are required for all follow–to-join asylum relative visa applicants. Individuals must go to one of our approved panel physicians and complete their medical examination before the interview. There will be a payment for the medical processing. Your medical report will be delivered to the Embassy consular section UNOPENED.
Medical examination report will be valid for the purpose of the visa issuance for six months, if no ineligibility exists.

I found this info somewhere

well, in reality, they may be right or wrong. it depends on what set of instructions for TB testing they're using. if they're using to old set of instructions, the medical is good for a year unless you test positive. if they're using the new set of instructions, the medical is only good for a maximum of 6 months, and only 3 if you test positive for non-infectious TB. so, what set are they using? I don't know. maybe what you should ask is how long the medical exam results remain valid. the only way you could find out is to open your visa packet and look. and if you do that, you'll have lots of problems at the airport. so, don't. every embassy operating under the old rules is switching over to the new rules by next October. some will be doing it well before that. So, as you can see, the answer is a bit complicated.

Hey friends!

I have one question about the amount of dollar allowed to bring into US per person; are kids counted like 3 year olds? the other question is from where shall I get the dollar? from Banks? a lot of dollar needs time I think if there is shortage in banks?

Thank you in advance!

it seems that everybody looks occupied by one issue i raised (visa vs medical expiry) and ignore my other question,.., when filling ds260 on may, i responded "other travel documents" to the question that asks travel document b/c i didnt have passport at that time. Will this create a problem, please reply soon in case i need to unlock ds260 to make changes with this regard

it seems that everybody looks occupied by one issue i raised (visa vs medical expiry) and ignore my other question,.., when filling ds260 on may, i responded "other travel documents" to the question that asks travel document b/c i didnt have passport at that time. Will this create a problem, please reply soon in case i need to unlock ds260 to make changes with this regard
yes go ahead and edit your form ! passport detail is very important for background check

Hey friends!

I have one question about the amount of dollar allowed to bring into US per person; are kids counted like 3 year olds? the other question is from where shall I get the dollar? from Banks? a lot of dollar needs time I think if there is shortage in banks?

Thank you in advance!
I don't know the specific amount but yes banks will change birr to dollars if you show them your visa ! I think three years old is very young to carry a cash ; so you better find another best way ; that's is calling friends in USA and asking them to find someone who is planning to send some dollars to Ethiopia ; once you got someone you will ask your close friend to collect the dollar that will be sent and you will give the same amount in birr from here for the family members

these is a risky gumble play it safe !!

yes go ahead and edit your form ! passport detail is very important for background check
but @ZGREAT I think @abi328 can bring the new pass port at the time of interview, as updating passport is a major change on once profile which might put him for further processing and that might take four to five months from the date of ds-260 submission even if his case number (af26xxx) is current probably coming April VB.
I wish if we got someone who had the experience of updating passport after the unlock.

I will disagree with zgreat and say don't worry about it, just bring passport to interview. We got new passports between submitting and DS and didn't update, wasnt a problem, we just brought all to interview. If you've never had a passport there is no travel history they can check anyway...

but @ZGREAT I think @abi328 can bring the new pass port at the time of interview, as updating passport is a major change on once profile which might put him for further processing and that might take four to five months from the date of ds-260 submission even if his case number (af26xxx) is current probably coming April VB.
I wish if we got someone who had the experience of updating passport after the unlock.
he didn't even have a passport when he filled the form . I think that is a different case dear @rolex123

I will disagree with zgreat and say don't worry about it, just bring passport to interview. We got new passports between submitting and DS and didn't update, wasnt a problem, we just brought all to interview. If you've never had a passport there is no travel history they can check anyway...
how about the date of issuance on the pass port ? he will be asked for sure why he didn't edit his form : having a very long time between passport issuance and interview

P.S rules might have changed with the new ds260 form

yes @ZGREAT he responded even 'other travel document ' , but don't you think the update will not delay his notification after his being current ? besides his case number is af26xxx.[/USER][/QUOTE]

yes @ZGREAT he responded even 'other travel document ' , but don't you think the update will not delay his notification after his being current ? besides his case number is af26xxx.[/USER]
[/QUOTE]
I think he can at list edit the form after 2nd notification ; by emailing the embassy

Other bonus question: which airline is the cheapest from Ethiopia to USA?
Hi GodisGreat, the cheapest I found is Emirates. For example I bought at the rate of 11,000 Birr for adult and 10,000 Birr for child (<12 year) to New York. Our connection time is 5 hours in Dubai (not too bad). Ethiopian costs 6,000 more if you want to fly direct.

how about the date of issuance on the pass port ? he will be asked for sure why he didn't edit his form : having a very long time between passport issuance and interview

P.S rules might have changed with the new ds260 form

If you can show me any rule that says the DS needs to be updated at all between original submission and interview, other than for a new family member, I will be very interested to see it...

If you can show me any rule that says the DS needs to be updated at all between original submission and interview, other than for a new family member, I will be very interested to see it...
i am just referring to the easiness of editing the form ; compared to the paper forms !