• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All dv winners with EU CN 3x,xxx to 39,999 it's our time will we make it?

Hi all,

touched down at LAX 1.30 PM and walked out 2.5 hours later as LPR.

The flight in was perfect a strong tail wind kept the ground speed at 1200 km per hours, so we arrived early. I thought LAX was closed as there were no one waiting at the passport control counters when we arrived. Of course, just when I handed the packages to the immigration officer my youngest demanded to go to the bathroom, but the officer just said no problem I will go through your papers a bit slow so you don't loose your spot in the line,,,so off to the toilet and then back just in time to be led to the immigrant and asylum seeker immigrant area, where finger prints were taken and this time with real ink and not with a scanner,,,,I was asked if I wanted to keep the address that I initially filed during the DV application. I answered that I would like to change address,,no problem fill out these forms…

A bit of waiting and then ,,, ok you are done, we will mail you the green card, merry christmas and welcome to the United States. I got a brochure reminding me to pay the 165 fee online, which I have already done,,,it also stated that I must present my x-rays to the immigration offices, but I guess those must have been in the sealed envelopes,,so no….They also gave me a piece of paper stating that as a LPR I should contact the social security office to get my SSN and that I had been cleared for work.

No questions asked by anyone about anything,,,,super polite and accommodating.

Excellent stuff!

Hi all,

The flight in was perfect a strong tail wind kept the ground speed at 1200 km per hours, so we arrived early. I thought LAX was closed as there were no one waiting at the passport control counters when we arrived. Of course, just when I handed the packages to the immigration officer my youngest demanded to go to the bathroom, but the officer just said no problem I will go through your papers a bit slow so you don't loose your spot in the line,,,so off to the toilet and then back just in time to be led to the immigrant and asylum seeker immigrant area, where finger prints were taken and this time with real ink and not with a scanner,,,,I was asked if I wanted to keep the address that I initially filed during the DV application. I answered that I would like to change address,,no problem fill out these forms…

A bit of waiting and then ,,, ok you are done, we will mail you the green card, merry christmas and welcome to the United States. I got a brochure reminding me to pay the 165 fee online, which I have already done,,,it also stated that I must present my x-rays to the immigration offices, but I guess those must have been in the sealed envelopes,,so no….They also gave me a piece of paper stating that as a LPR I should contact the social security office to get my SSN and that I had been cleared for work.

Nice! Welcome dude!

Hi all,

Awesome Dude!

How long are you staying in California-ay then ?? Taking a quick break or travelling to The Sunshine State straight away ???

Awesome Dude!

How long are you staying in California-ay then ?? Taking a quick break or travelling to The Sunshine State straight away ???

Just staying over night in an airport hotel. I was not sure how long the process was going to take, so I did not want to risk missing a flight…having breakfast in bed now and getting ready for the last leg of the journey…to the sunshine state...

Green Cards arrived yesterday, 3 weeks from entry to delivery,,,not bad over christmas and new year

Just watching some NFL cause I'm in Miami...Beaches!!! :D

image.jpg

Probably the last one from the cohort to report as residente permanente ;)

And yeah Chicago! We're with you Grandma! Stay strong France!