• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All dv winners with EU CN 3x,xxx to 39,999 it's our time will we make it?

So how long have you stayed without a DL, rather how many days have you spent in US?

Simon, why are you getting so worked up about this driving license issue?? You can drive on your foreign driving license - each state says how long you have as a new resident before you have to obtain your "in state" license. For New Jersey that time is 60 days.

Simon, why are you getting so worked up about this driving license issue?? You can drive on your foreign driving license - each state says how long you have as a new resident before you have to obtain your "in state" license. For New Jersey that time is 60 days.
My friend DV 2014 -one month in the USA -North Carolina got his.The host as well is talking about it-so I got worked up.But I have some clarity now.Thanks

Is CA really only 10 days?! Or did I misread something?

Oh also not sure if this is too derailing but - if we wait a couple of weeks (to following year) to get licence, does this somehow show not resident in CA in 2014 and therefore not liable for state tax...?

And how do you manage to prove residence in 10 days? It seems a bit odd to me. Or do you just claim to be resident?

It is a bit self regulating. You wouldn't subject yourself to the DMV unless you had a good reason to do so...

Of course I had my lease paperwork within the 10 days, so that made it easy, although I managed to drag the whole thing out for another 228 days... :oops:

Oh also not sure if this is too derailing but - if we wait a couple of weeks (to following year) to get licence, does this somehow show not resident in CA in 2014 and therefore not liable for state tax...?

Given the date you arrive that might well be something you want to think about - Tahoe (Nevada side) would be a good plan! I'm not sure on the exact point, but yeah CA State tax is a b!@ch (it is sore point for me this year)

So how long have you stayed without a DL, rather how many days have you spent in US?
I could of had it the first day lol, but I had to wait for the ssn and two mails, where it shows the address...
But I used my international DL here in kansas its valid for 90 days...
My also got hers today she failed the drivers once, becayse she was apparently driving to slow lol

It is a bit self regulating. You wouldn't subject yourself to the DMV unless you had a good reason to do so...

Of course I had my lease paperwork within the 10 days, so that made it easy, although I managed to drag the whole thing out for another 228 days... :oops:

Given the date you arrive that might well be something you want to think about - Tahoe (Nevada side) would be a good plan! I'm not sure on the exact point, but yeah CA State tax is a b!@ch (it is sore point for me this year)
In Connecticut its only valid for 10 days too...

Simon, I wrote a check to pay the rent. But by mistake I used my wife check book, so on her acc she didnt have the full amount, although the both accounts are joined, the check bounced back, and I had to pay a 100$ penalty :(
Is there any way to fix up the problem?

Simon, I wrote a check to pay the rent. But by mistake I used my wife check book, so on her acc she didnt have the full amount, although the both accounts are joined, the check bounced back, and I had to pay a 100$ penalty :(
Is there any way to fix up the problem?

Go and see your bank. They will sometimes give you a break for the error and often they will refund the first charge of this sort. But be careful Vladdy - this sort of thing is bad. Writing a bad check is bad for credit history and can even cause prosecutions for a certain type of fraud. So - it is important to go and explain to the bank - go in this weekend.

Go and see your bank. They will sometimes give you a break for the error and often they will refund the first charge of this sort. But be careful Vladdy - this sort of thing is bad. Writing a bad check is bad for credit history and can even cause prosecutions for a certain type of fraud. So - it is important to go and explain to the bank - go in this weekend.
I just finished talking to the bank, they reversed rhe 35$ penalty at the bank, but I will still have to pay the damn 65$ for the agency....so frustrated
And I fill up the online acc to check my bank acc transactions.

I just finished talking to the bank, they reversed rhe 35$ penalty at the bank, but I will still have to pay the damn 65$ for the agency....so frustrated
And I fill up the online acc to check my bank acc transactions.

Yep that makes sense - the agency love to charge those fees. Glad the bank helped with theirs though!

Hi peeps,
Just wanna find out, with all my bank transactions, the bloody bank chowed about 100$ bucks from me, isn't it to much??
Or am I just still coverting dollars to the old currency in SA!?

Hi peeps,
Just wanna find out, with all my bank transactions, the bloody bank chowed about 100$ bucks from me, isn't it to much??
Or am I just still coverting dollars to the old currency in SA!?

In a month??? Hell yes that is too much!!! You need to ask them to detail how much the charges are going to be and how you get free banking (I don't pay any charges with Wells Fargo, but I have a "PMA" account which I think is based on having a minimum balance with them. Anyway, ask around other bank accounts and credit unions and ask what free banking deals they have - banks are wealthy enough already!!!

In a month??? Hell yes that is too much!!! You need to ask them to detail how much the charges are going to be and how you get free banking (I don't pay any charges with Wells Fargo, but I have a "PMA" account which I think is based on having a minimum balance with them. Anyway, ask around other bank accounts and credit unions and ask what free banking deals they have - banks are wealthy enough already!!!
Simon, my bad !
The 1$ 2$ 7$ they were taking after each transaction was actually going to my saving acc...
I phoned them and yhey explained that to me.
So im relieved now

Simon, my bad !
The 1$ 2$ 7$ they were taking after each transaction was actually going to my saving acc...
I phoned them and yhey explained that to me.
So im relieved now

Ahhh, ok, you selected an automatic savings option that rounds up purchase putting the difference into a savings account. That can add up quickly, but yes, in that case it is still your money.

Make sure you are looking at your accounts online - it us important to have a true understanding of your financial situation.