After the long pain for citizenship, embassies are no longer accept I-130 for spouses

moody22

Registered Users (C)
After the long pain for citizenship, embassies are no longer accept I-130 for spouses

I thought I was done with the CIS, but they refused to leave us alone, even after i get my citizenship.

All petitions have to be filed with the CIS; here is the exact language from the U.S Embassy in my native country:

New legalization effective February, U.S Embassies over seas are not authorized to process the I-130 Petitions, the petition that the U.S Citizen have to file in order to sponsor his relatives(spouses, parents, sons)to immigrate to the U.S.
Recent legislation has led to changes in the procedures American citizens resident abroad will follow if they wish to sponsor an immediate relative (spouse, parent or minor child) for an immigrant visa. Effective immediately, the immediate relative petition (I-130) must be filed with the USCIS office responsible for the petitioner's place of residence (that is, the place of residence of the American citizen who is filing the petition). Consular offices at U.S. embassies and consulates are no longer authorized to accept I-130s, although they will continue to provide guidance to American citizen petitioners and their family members. Responsibility for acceptance and approval of immigrant visa petitions rests solely with USCIS. American citizens should submit their I-130 at the CIS office responsible for their place of residence. As additional information becomes available we will update this website. USCIS information may be found on their webpage at www.uscis.gov.

This procedural change may result in a processing delay for some applicants. The Department of State recognizes and sincerely regrets the inconvenience this may cause.

So even if you are a citizen of this country, you will still get discriminated, based on your native nationality.

Screw CIS, retarded SOB’s.

Moody

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on your native nationality? So if a U.S. citizen of Indian origin wants to sponser for a U.K. citizen close relative then there is no discrimination?

Not sure I really see the problem. You want to sponsor a family member, simply send the petition paperwork to one of the regional service centers - preferably the one where you last maintained a US residence.

boatbod said:
Not sure I really see the problem. You want to sponsor a family member, simply send the petition paperwork to one of the regional service centers - preferably the one where you last maintained a US residence.

When you file in the U.S embassy overseas, it use to take only 30 days for the petition to get approved, so you really can do the whole thing while you're in vacation, and come back to the U.S. with your wife and kids.

Now by limiting these petitions filing with the CIS here in the U.S, considring the huge blockage they already have, and how ignorent they are, you are looking for a minimum of 6 months waiting time, that's even if you are lucky enough.

newdawn said:
Based on your native nationality? So if a U.S. citizen of Indian origin wants to sponser for a U.K. citizen close relative then there is no discrimination?

Are you that funny??

what i meant by the word discrimination is the CIS will single out the U.S citizens based on thier native origin-espeially whose the get to sue them in order to get thier citizenships like they already did to us during our N-400 processing-and show them hell of delays to cause enough hardships for them to leave the U.S. to stay with thier families.

Read my original postlanguge again, the embassy it self recognized the delay and the hard ship this new fuckde up procedures might cause.

Moody

moody22 said:
So even if you are a citizen of this country, you will still get discriminated, based on your native nationality.

Screw CIS, retarded SOB’s.

Moody
I don't get this point at all. If anything, this eliminates the discrimination. According to you, previously, the processing of the applications were left to each consulate in different countries, which would presumably have a varying degree of processing time. For example, it would seem that an applicant in Western Europe would have a shorter waiting time than its counterpart in a third world country. Now everyone would be subjected to one central processing unit, thereby eliminating the different process time based on the origin of countries. If that's not fair, I don't know what it is. :confused:

me no funny

Not funny at all. Seriously, I believe USCIS is not around to play retaliation game. I don't work for them, and may be I am naive, but I have to say I still don't see the discrimination based on any particular nationality. Anyway, you are frustrated and I am not being of much help. So ignore me :D

moody22 said:
Are you that funny??

what i meant by the word discrimination is the CIS will single out the U.S citizens based on thier native origin-espeially whose the get to sue them in order to get thier citizenships like they already did to us during our N-400 processing-and show them hell of delays to cause enough hardships for them to leave the U.S. to stay with thier families.

Read my original postlanguge again, the embassy it self recognized the delay and the hard ship this new fuckde up procedures might cause.

Moody

moody22 said:

This is not the case at all. Recent federal law changes prevent individuals convicted of various sex crimes and other offenses from sponsoring spouses and minor stepchildren. All IR I-130s involving spouses and minors will require a criminal background check. Since the consulates are not equipped to do such checks, everything must go through the Service Centers.

Stop screaming bias.

moody22 said:
When you file in the U.S embassy overseas, it use to take only 30 days for the petition to get approved, so you really can do the whole thing while you're in vacation, and come back to the U.S. with your wife and kids.

Now by limiting these petitions filing with the CIS here in the U.S, considring the huge blockage they already have, and how ignorent they are, you are looking for a minimum of 6 months waiting time, that's even if you are lucky enough.

I suspect the previous consular system may have been bypassing namecheck...

name check is valid only if some one has some record in the US system. Unless some one is an international terrorist the foreigner's name is unlikely to be in the US data base, particularly if they have never lived here.

I too did not see any discrimination based on nationality. I think the poster feels screwed because he faced an extended background check delay and this new rule comes dot on when he is ready to file I-130.

Well, a few months from now when the CIR comes through USCIS will be flooded with millions of applications and there will be massive delays in spite of the huge fees that they will start charging soon.

boatbod said:
I suspect the previous consular system may have been bypassing namecheck...

brb2 said:
Well, a few months from now when the CIR comes through USCIS will be flooded with millions of applications and there will be massive delays in spite of the huge fees that they will start charging soon.

Probably.... and its just typical that would happen now, right when I'm getting ready to sponsor one of my parents.

brb2 said:

That’s exactly right.

I was looking at the processing time for 1-130 in my service center; currently they are processing June 2006 petitions, So they’re already behind more than 8 months

Now imagine when all U.S Embassies overseas transfer all the 1-130’s to the CIS, how long-as far as time goes-we are looking to wait.

TheRealCanadian said:
This is not the case at all. Recent federal law changes prevent individuals convicted of various sex crimes and other offenses from sponsoring spouses and minor stepchildren. All IR I-130s involving spouses and minors will require a criminal background check. Since the consulates are not equipped to do such checks, everything must go through the Service Centers.

Stop screaming bias.

I think it makes more sense if the U.S embassies conduct the background security BS overseas where it locates, as the CIS doesn’t have an access to the foreign countries criminal record.

Don’t set here and tell me that the CIS well conduct a full background check on foreigners, they failed in doing it for us here, and that’s why they have the huge blockage, which led to flooding of lawsuit’s nation wide against them.

In addition, they can do it when the spouse arrives here to the U.S, when he/she files for the I-485.

Sorry, your argument is not valid.

Regards,

Moody

moody22 said:
I think it makes more sense if the U.S embassies conduct the background security BS overseas where it locates, as the CIS doesn’t have an access to the foreign countries criminal record.

Don’t set here and tell me that the CIS well conduct a full background check on foreigners, they failed in doing it for us here, and that’s why they have the huge blockage, which led to flooding of lawsuit’s nation wide against them.

In addition, they can do it when the spouse arrives here to the U.S, when he/she files for the I-485.

Sorry, your argument is not valid.

Regards,

Moody

Apparently you didn't understand the RealCanadian's argument. He stated that any person with criminal background is not allowed to sponsor spouse or monor. That indicates the sponsoring US Citizens and permanent residents would also be subjected to security checks. Naturally, those checks would have to be done in US.

equate said:
Apparently you didn't understand the RealCanadian's argument. He stated that any person with criminal background is not allowed to sponsor spouse or monor. That indicates the sponsoring US Citizens and permanent residents would also be subjected to security checks. Naturally, those checks would have to be done in US.

This process even can be completed through the U.S. embassy.

The embassy can forward the petitioner’s biographic information (which included in the form G-325) to the DHS, and obtain a clearance for him during the application process.

The whole idea is the CIS is trying to exercise their power, without any acceptable arguments, except the national security BS.

Moody