After submitting the affidavit of support.

Black01

Registered Users (C)
Hello people. This question may have been asked before but somehow I cannot find any thread about it.

My situation is I received a letter from NVC about the Affidavit of Support. My only question is after I submit completed AOS form, how long does it take before my wife gets an interview an American Consulate or How long can she get over to the US? Answer maybe based on experience. Thank you.

Are you a US citizen? If not, is the priority date current, or about to become current based on next month's visa bulletin?

They've crossed your priority date? Then once your wife submits the necessary paperwork on her end (DS-230, etc.) she should get an interview in the next 1 to 3 months, unless retrogression kicks in (which is likely to happen in October, given the history of the past few years).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again Jackolanter. Yes if I will base it on the processing time information table that I posted and on the current date posted for I-130. The current date in that table already passed the priority date of my wifes' petition.

You should be looking at the visa bulletin to determine if the priority date is current, not the processing time table. The processing time is just an approximation of the average and there is wide variation from case to case. And the processing time list is not applicable to consular formalities, it is only applicable to the I-130 itself.

Whereas the visa bulletin is a hard line for which they don't even consider your application for a consular interview if they haven't crossed your priority date. However, from your signature it says the I-130 was received in Feb. 2009, so your priority date would be current based on the latest visa bulletin which shows March 2009 for the family 2A category, unless your wife was born in Mexico or the Dom. Republic.

Last edited by a moderator: